Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, my brakes have been acting up ( possibly siesed calipers all of them maybe ) anyway i heard from the guy that worked on them today and when asked about how much the job cost he said i dont owe him because all the buisness i throw his way ?( everytime my legend needs something i cant do myself )

anyone have this happen to them? unfortunately i dont have a ride up to get my car now or i could find out real quick if he was joking or serious but wow, i might walk my ass the 5-6 miles to get my car before he changes his mind incase he isnt kidding.

or maybe he sees the A-L sticker and thinks a bunch of free advertising for a trade off? if it really is free ill definately carry his buisness in my sig. FREE....:hitit: :lol:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Why don't you fax back thanking him and confirming the conversation. then take a cab up the street.

No this hasn't happened to me because I usually ask the price before they work on my car.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i normally do too in the rare cases i dont take it to him but he looks it over calls with what needs to be done and the cost and weither i want to pay to have the work done or not...... in this case i hadnt heard from him so im guessing he rebuilt the calipers or something along those lines and didnt have intention of charging me and it needed to be done so... im not sure what he did i was in shock when i heard free so i forgot to ask but ill find out when i pick it up.

yup it was FREE.... i guess loyalty to a mechanic pays off now and then WOOO HOOO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts