Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· 805 YO
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today at exactly 2:26pm Pacific time today I drove my car for the first time in a month and a half. She looks even more beautiful than when I bought her and after I sand the right headlight it will look even better. I'll get you guys some pics tomorrow. The bodyshop did a FANTASTIC job. I've actually been giddy all day. :p :D :D :D :giggle: :giggle: :2cool:

· dealer-opted track pack
3,469 Posts
That certainly is a sexy coupe!
I'm glad to read that she made it back like new.

Having not driven my coupe in way too long,
I feel your Legend-missing pains ;(

k.

· 805 YO
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Graboids!! said:
Before I got my car I was looking at a 92 coupe, but yours is MUCH better than the one I was looking at! I like the black coupes. :2cool:
Eh, what's the story though? What happened?
A month and a half ago this happened.

I'm waiting till I clear up the left headlight before showing you guys how she looks. One question, would sanding a blinker be the same process? I have the DIY for headlights saved on my computer.

· Registered
2,535 Posts
SBLEGENDS - if you plan to do the DIY headlight restoration, you must keep the sandpaper completely soaked at all times or you will create new scratches. Just dip your sand paper in soapy water constantly. I'm being overly emphatic because my headlight was ruined.

· Registered
159 Posts
Wet sand start out with 500-600 grit paper and move to a final final of 1500-2000 keep constant wet so scratches are smoothed out. Mothers and Meguiars both make a very effective plastic polish that really clean up the lenses and come out almost brand new looking. Use this or 3M polish for final step.

· 805 YO
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where do I get the 3M rubbing compound? Does anyone know?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.