Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as discussed in my previous post my contact has just called me and said...FIND OUT WHO'S INTERESTED...

prices will be between $700-$800 and he assures me they are made by a very reputable japanese tuner. he is trying to get dyno specs and they have already done headers for the jdm market in japan. they are already designed!

he will be going to Japan in March and the headers will come by boat so probably will be here by May.

reply to this post all that are interested or email me if you are REALLY serious.

I will be fronting the money just for my buddies in the LEGENDary community

for my G1 brothers I will have him check availability

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Cool, I'm interested.

Any pics?

What's up with today? It's header day or something.

- ek

·
OG Member
1,498 Posts
Is that price include shipping? When will they be available. I don't want to fork out 800 bucks and not see the headers for six months!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Are these Headers Ceramic Coated??????

James S.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
E K said:
Cool, I'm interested.

Any pics?

What's up with today? It's header day or something.

- ek
yeah i know. 93TYPEII and dV8 are trying to get some developed, but these are already designed and stainless steel. I'll post dyno specs as soon as my buddy gets them

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DSCLegend94 said:
Is that price include shipping? When will they be available. I don't want to fork out 800 bucks and not see the headers for six months!
I won't be asking for money upfront. I will be buying them and they will be imported from Japan.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James S said:
Are these Headers Ceramic Coated??????

James S.
I asked my friend and he said they are not ceramic coated. He has owned a Import Tuner shop in Hawaii and owns a 696 rwhp HKS built Supra Turbo and knows what he's talking about.

He said ceramic coating dissipates the heat better, but isn't as necessary unless you're running a built for track car. for street cars it's not as critical.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
I dont get how all of our previous contacts in Japan--especially Jack D one of our own was never able to find anything and now all of a sudden its possable.

So are they made for type II's or Type I's? Both?

Ahh may so i have to get mine done sooner:)

~Hybrid

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dv8 said:
I dont get how all of our previous contacts in Japan--especially Jack D one of our own was never able to find anything and now all of a sudden its possable.

So are they made for type II's or Type I's? Both?

Ahh may so i have to get mine done sooner:)

~Hybrid
not, sure dude maybe JackD was speaking japanese with a twang. I'll see if my buddy can ship a set of headers with the 8 JDM Integra front ends that are coming, or at least get a picture

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
OK. Gonna weigh in on technical aspects here.

Ceramic coating: Reduces heat transfer (and corrosion) with mild steel. T304 stainless (or similar) will provide the same characteristics with out coating (refer to www.burnsstainless.com).

Type I and Type II have different exhaust configurations: Type I has an air suction connection on the left manifold. Type II has triple cats. What is the configuration of the JDM exhaust?

I'm more interested in retaining the exhaust aspects of emmision control (don't need CARB cert).

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I'm interested if this is a reality!! Do they have them for TYPE I and TYPE II? Also, how hard is installation of these? Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm interested. What exactly are they made of? I'd like some details on the headers, do they use anti reversion technology? I'd also like to see a dynograph for Type II before and after. Good find!!

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
2x6spds said:
I'm interested. What exactly are they made of? I'd like some details on the headers, do they use anti reversion technology? I'd also like to see a dynograph for Type II before and after. Good find!!
you want anti reversion then your going to need to goto hytech and pay top dollar:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think Hitech figured their headers would cost about $1200 a set, with machined flanges and antireversion collectors.

·
Registered
88 Posts
DV8, I was the guy who dealt with John at Hitech, after DaveC checked out the shop. The deal was $1200 for the headers, about $2,000 for a completely redesigned and new exhaust system and headers.

John believed his headers would get an additional 3 HP at the front wheels per cylinder.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Phils right. John was quoting 1200 for headers and 2000 for complete system includeing cat, muffler tips and pipes.

PS: John makes some really cool tips (does them for Lamborghini's) and his flanges are laser cut 3/8". A real craftsman, but you gotta pay what its worth.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Ok Guys I have a phone and email too, i have been talking to John Grudynski for quite a while and he quoted me 2000 just for the headers. I guess he doesnt want to take any chances this time around, and he only want to do One-off sets. Besides i dont think he really cares for our business since he's such a popular guy. Why not charge up the ass i would if i knew i was that damn good. My friends Type R has his headers they are a master peice

If they were that cheap im amazed none of you guys jumped on it. i would of in a heart-beat.

~Hybrid

1 - 20 of 89 Posts