Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yikes! strange noise happend this morning when i started the car. turns out to be a the rod bearings. im going to order up the whole set and go through the oil pan to replace them.

Anything else i should know??
anything else i should replace while im at it??

The engine only has 55-60k on it.

0-30 oil and a lot of high revving high speed drivings the culprit.

~Hybrid

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I'd disassemble before ordering any parts. If you've wiped the rods, you've probably got your mains as well. Crank may also have sustained damage.

Read your service manual because Honda is kind of odd with it's "off spec" bearing sets.

Good luck, you're gonna need it. Be sure to check the oil pump out carefully also. Bearings fail for a reason and you need to find out why before rebuilding.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
I'd disassemble before ordering any parts. If you've wiped the rods, you've probably got your mains as well. Crank may also have sustained damage.

Read your service manual because Honda is kind of odd with it's "off spec" bearing sets.

Good luck, you're gonna need it. Be sure to check the oil pump out carefully also. Bearings fail for a reason and you need to find out why before rebuilding.
as well as you just pumped all kinds of bearing crap through your motor. check pump, filter, etc...

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
:(

Just hope that the bearing didn't spin in connecting rod. Bearing failure goes way beyond just replacing the insert. You need to find out why the bearing failed in the first place.

Good Luck.

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nah when i started to hear a differnt audible sound i parked the car in the garage and left it. the car still has all of its power so nothings happened yet thats why it needs to be worked on very soon.

MY mechanic told me that until i open it up he wont be able to tell me what i need to replace besides the bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts