Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Blingtings marketing skills and my lack of patience led me to pick up a set of what I thought were JDM cornering lights but now due to the difference from the one's he's selling (check out his sell:D) I am curious as to whether I have the real deal too. They are Stanley nd do say Honda but they are KA91? does that mean anything heres some pics (we all love pics)
The reason I ask is they are more rectagular compared to what Blingting called the squarish one's. I suppose now would also be another good time to ask how to make them come on when I signal without them blinking. I would guess there is a relay that gets sent a signal and that if I go far enough back up the line I can tie them in before the blinker relay?

EDIT: Acc-crawlers pic satisfies my curiosity for the most part but I will leave the post for comments anyway on the dfferences and what came off what? still don't really know

Sucha beautiful coupe.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm interesting makes since but I have seen several coupes with the squarish JDM version (notice I say JDM to draw the right knowlegable people who search under the key term JDM) just messin but it would be good to know and to know how to wire them so they come on at the right time but don't blink.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Telion, the version you have shown is also available at Acura brand new - Part # 08V34-SP0-200

The JDM is the EXACT same to the optional OEM USDM part for the G2 Legend.

There are two different versions for both as you know.

Both types are seen installed on sedans in the pics shown above.

The set I'm selling is a different shape. The long versus the stubby (rectangle-ish and square-ish), both work the same.

The latter 'squarish' type is seen on coupes more than sedans, but either one will work on both.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you everyone, any leads on how to wire them.

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
According to jdmisme, he said the square ones are all that are offered in the land of jdm at honda clio. (He had to satisfy his own curiosity on that one, dont go pming him about it either :p) But according to him, the rectangular ones are not listed in the parts book. What I am thinking is that honda actually did something strange, and did cornering lights for different years. It wouldnt suprise me in the least that they did that.

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
very carefully?

j/p, it would require a relay of sorts, a power source and some other things, if anything i would try to call Acura and see if they know how to get a wiring harness, i dont see why not since wires and connectors barely change from car to car, unlike other things on the car.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
most of the fittings one the end of the wires will be like the ones that fit into the park light the "F" shaped one's the split into 2 so you can plugpark light into it and them into park lights! but other thing are needed.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
very carefully?

j/p, it would require a relay of sorts, a power source and some other things, if anything i would try to call Acura and see if they know how to get a wiring harness, i dont see why not since wires and connectors barely change from car to car, unlike other things on the car.
Would it be feasible to 'borrow' from another car with this technology (GM?)? When I was thinking of picking up a set of these, and I will down the road, I was going to use this info as a guide but I'm not sure if it's applicable. Telion you're way more technologically inclined than I so maybe you could tell if this info is useful at least as a 'rough' wiring blueprint which can then be adapted to our cars:

GMC Western States Tech Center #35- December 2001

Also could we borrow a GM harness/relay and spice in the appropriate bulb connector and use it on our Legend? :headscrat:

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
Here you my friend! This is the wiring for the lights!

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great stuff I may try to get to a junk yard this weekend but they wont really go on the car for a while but it is worth the curiousity

1 - 13 of 13 Posts