Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does your wire/lighting configuration look?

I'm considering just hooking my fog lights along with the corner lights to turn on whenever the corner lights are on. Then the high/low beam on the h4h bulb (high/low beam spot).

or

Just hooking up highbeam switch to control the fog light, etc.

or

An additional switch for foglights? etc

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Well, I'll be of no help to you since my JDM light have 9006 optics, 9006/9005 wiring, and a 9006 HID kit, but a local owner here wired his low and high beam to the H4H, then wired the foglights to the OEM foglight switch which he purchased at the dealer. I don't know the exact specifics of the wiring since I totally custom made my JDM lights, so my JDM lights actually plug directly into the USDM 4 pin wire connector.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have been wondering this questions for yearss

i thought i can just plug in the corner light (the one that stay on at all time when light is on, front corner close to headlight, not the blinker which is the rear corner close to fender)harness right on the fog light harness, but it won't work.

if you figure it out, can you please post it here so i can wire mine?
thanks a lot

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
gAmEs0n said:
i have been wondering this questions for yearss

i thought i can just plug in the corner light (the one that stay on at all time when light is on, front corner close to headlight, not the blinker which is the rear corner close to fender)harness right on the fog light harness, but it won't work.

if you figure it out, can you please post it here so i can wire mine?
thanks a lot
In this case you want them to drive the inner foglight section right? I don't see why it is not working. For starters though, I would use that front corver light as a switching circuit. Buy two 12V automotive SPTD relays, and use the corner light socket as the turn on for the relay. Remember, the corner light is only a 5W bulb, and the foglights are more like 35-55W.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i have couple things that i already tried on with my fog light (inner circle which is JDM fog or USDM high)
1. the one I mentioned before, i connect harness from the corner light to the fog light. Result: didn't work
2. (a)to test the bulb, I connect the positive low beam to positive fog and negative (ground fog) to chasis of the car. Result: didn't work.
(b) connect the positive high beam to positive fog and negative fog to chasis. Result: didn't work
(c) same as two of the above but instead connect the negative fog to chasis, I connected them to negative of each beam. Result: didn't work

I dunno what's wrong. my H1 bulb looks good. both of them don't have broken / cut filament inside.

so I gave up....

so u know any other way to test the H1 bulb?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I connected the highbeam and lowbeam, but the lowbeam would not work. BUT the highbeam does work. I used the USDM connectors from my other headlights and the BLACK wire (which is supposed to be ground) is not connected to anything. I guess I'll be driving around with highbeams until I solve the problem.

·
Registered
310 Posts
legendarith said:
I connected the highbeam and lowbeam, but the lowbeam would not work. BUT the highbeam does work. I used the USDM connectors from my other headlights and the BLACK wire (which is supposed to be ground) is not connected to anything. I guess I'll be driving around with highbeams until I solve the problem.
i have the same problem with you. i think this is what happened if you use H4H bulb. H4H has TWO filament inside its bulb, so i think only one filament can light up at one time. when i turn the headlight switch twice (driving light), the bulb is on but when I high beam the light, the high beam doesn't work. on the other hand, when i turn the switch once (no low beam. supposedly only the corner bulbs are on), my high beam is good.

do you see what i mean?

PS: when you figure out the fog light, let me know. :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So when you turn it once, your HIGH BEAM WORKS, along with your corners? WHen you turn it twice, YOUR LOW BEAMS WORK?

How did you connect it? I'm going to go get my wiring configuration and show u mines. brb! lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
legendarith said:
So when you turn it once, your HIGH BEAM WORKS, along with your corners? WHen you turn it twice, YOUR LOW BEAMS WORK?

How did you connect it? I'm going to go get my wiring configuration and show u mines. brb! lol
yeah. that's it. quite weird, ha? but remember though, when you turn it once, no low beam, so when i high beam the light, it work.
when i turn it twice, my low beam works, but when i high beam, the high beam won't work. like i said before, probably that's how the H4H bulb work. probably inside the bulb it has some switch such that when the bulb receives two signal, only the first one that is turn on first will light up.

my wiring is this

the one that is stand alone is the ground. I connect the ground with the low beam (black wires) ground. then the one in between is low beam (with USDM low beam which is green wires) and the other end one is high beam (USDM high beam which is red wires). i leave my high beam ground (blue wires) with the USDM harness (so i don't cut all the wires, just three)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

How did you connect it? I'm going to go get my wiring configuration and show u mines.

ok here it is:

LEGEND: red/grn & red/yel = low beams
red/blu = high beams

Left JDM Headlight Config

USDM USDM JDM
|¯|----red/grn--|¯|---RED----|¯|--red/white
| |----red/grn--| |---GREEN-| |--red/green
| |----red/blu--| |---BLUE---| |--red/blue
|_|----black-----|_|---black |_|

JDM foglight not connected (red/grn & black)

Right JDM Headlight Config

USDM USDM JDM
|¯|----red/yel--|¯|---RED----|¯|--red/white
| |----red/yel--| |---GREEN-| |--red/yel
| |----red/blu--| |---BLUE---| |--red/blue
|_|----black-----|_|---black |_|

JDM foglight not connected (red/yel & black)

Result: Highbeams only work. Low beams do not.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yes, my high beam works when i turn it on once with all corners while when i turn it twice, only low beam works, no high beam

your wiring configurations is similar to mine except that for the red blue, i connect it to black instead.

here is mine

right headlight (passenger)

USDM / JDM
black (low beam ground) / red-blue
green (low beam positive) / red-green
red (high beam positive) / red-white

left headlight (driver)

USDM / JDM
black (low beam ground) / red-blue
green (low beam positive) / red-yellow
red (high beam positive) / red-white

Result: turn once - no low beam, high beam works, all corners
turn twice: low beam works, no high beam, all corners

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys!

Here's what I did , but beware my car is not starting at the present moment!! =o( .

Low Beam
usdm/jdm
green/red-yellow
black/ to the one by itself
red/ red-white
blue/nowere stil on harness(didnt cut it)
JDM fog usdm High Beam

there's only two wire a black and red!
jdm/usdm
black/black (of inner corner light)
red/red(of inner corner light)

and for corner I connected the blinking corner or the one furthest to the fender
JDM/USDM
black/black
red/ red

I figured it'd be that simple!
Turn once= Fog and Corner (which in my case is what I wanted)
Turn twice = Fog , Low Beam and Corners all on!!
High Beam= nothing happens!!=o)

TRy starting my baby= nothing! =o( , NO clicks nothing all the interrior lights work , battery is fine, Headlights work , but Car just wont even turn or make any type of noise!

HEEEEELLLLLPPP!!! hehe... I'll have to take a look at it tomorrow morning before it snows ! I'm in Illinois.

Well hope that helps!

·
Registered
310 Posts
goldenlegend, your PM is FULL. Clean it up !!! :D

now it's my turn to ask questions to GoldenLegend :D

how do you hook up your fog? i would like to have my fog turn on whenever the low beam is on. there are two wires on fog, one is yellow that goes to the H1 bulb and the other one is black that goes nowhere.

how do you hook it up? i notice that in the thread you said that you hook it up to the USDM high beam. does it mean that you split the wires (one goes to fog, the other goes to H4H) ? how about the high beam ground and fog ground ? how do you connect the fog ground ? right to chassis?

PS: i think the reason no high beam is because H4H have TWO filament in the bulb. I don't think there exist two filament that can light up together in ONE bulb. so that's why you won't have high beam whenever the low beam is on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey GamesOn!

I used the usdm corner light the inner one which doesnt blink to hook up to the Fog (JDM)

here it is
JDM / USDM

yellow/ red
black/black

so instead of being the corners that doesnt blink on all the time its the FOG of the JDM! the I hooked up the blinking corner to the JDM corner so mine acutally blinks(the corner does). and then I hooked up the low/high(USDM) the the JDM low beam.
USDM/JDM
green/red yellow
red/red white
black / the only wire left (I forgot the colors)
blue / left on the harness didnt cut or touch at all!

Hope this helps!
PS: PM is clean now! =o)

·
Registered
310 Posts
hey,

I ACTUALLY did that, but it didn't work. well, I did not cut the wires, instead i just plug the USDM front corner harness(the one close to the headlight) to the JDM fog harness. it's straight in but still didn't work. i will try it again tomorrow morning.

can anybody show me how to check the H1 bulb to see if it's still a good bulb?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok, let's try to figure out a way to where the high beam will work.

here's the config to low beam working only:

red/blue to black

here's the config to high beam working only:

red/blue to blue

how should we connect it in order to use both?

·
Registered
310 Posts
i was thinking....

why don't you combine both the low and high beam ground into one wire that goes to H4H ground?

probably that will work

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The thing is... I'm scared. I don't know anything about electrical work except for a lil splicing here and there. Will it be ok to hook them up like that?

I was looking at my friends Civic H4 setup and they use only three wires like the JDM headlights do. They were red/white, red/blue, and black. There was no red/green. (right headlight)

·
Registered
310 Posts
legenddarith, do you manage to get your fog light to work? also you don't go for clean look? you can take out the yellow cover without breakin it. very easy...

btw, how is your corner light brightness? mine is very weak. if i turn on my low beam, i can't see my corner light even though it's light up, but very very weak. un-noticeable unlike the USDM headlight where the corner has the same output as the low beam...

also, do you have any room to change the corner bulb if it needs to be replaced? i don't have any room to access my bulb. even though i have small hands, but still, i can't take them out unless i take out the headlight...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts