Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
i am curious about this as i thoght jdm legends just had a basic chrome H emblem on the back instead on the A and on 94-96 had legend spelled out like the us 94-95's

and yeah lee the bumper pole looks like i cool option but would like to see pics of them on a legend aswell

· I'van der Rohe
13,069 Posts
it's a sensor for the remote control to pop the trunk if i remember correctly. the Honda Legend had a different Key than we have and it had a button in and that was the trunk pop. However, according to this dude it's a"backup sensor"

"JDM Honda Legend KA7 Rear Emblem w/Back-up Sensor!!"

· Registered
20 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
it's a sensor for the remote control to pop the trunk if i remember correctly. the Honda Legend had a different Key than we have and it had a button in and that was the trunk pop.
That sounds right to me. You could get that on some accord wagons in the US. Its an infrared system which only works from about 2 feet away or less. So on my accord there a similar sensor in one of the tail lights, and one on the drivers door handle. As you can see the top key has the button built in. It recharges when the key is in the ignition too... pretty neat system. I know it also came on some accords in japan, so it would make sense for the legend to have it as well. Does the legend in the US come with a traditional style keyless entry system?

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Every time I see some "rare" JDM item, I wonder sometimes, if those little JDM items are so cool, then why didnt they import them on the Acura's? Why leave them off if the Acura was supposed to be their luxury flagship here in america.

I think because they are just little extras and are mostly obsolete (you dont need the remote because most alarms here have that pop trunk function) Granted that's why I only like to own luxury cars because of the little extras (not one of my friends have the auto tilt deal in their cars, except for the dude with the Caddy EXT that thing is like the USS Enterprise).

Maybe they are just outdated items that dont make sense for our market. The Navi, this thing, the ski sleeve, etc. I wonder, I dunno.

· Registered
1,306 Posts
Regniffet said:
Every time I see some "rare" JDM item, I wonder sometimes, if those little JDM items are so cool, then why didnt they import them on the Acura's? Why leave them off if the Acura was supposed to be their luxury flagship here in america.

I think because they are just little extras and are mostly obsolete (you dont need the remote because most alarms here have that pop trunk function) Granted that's why I only like to own luxury cars because of the little extras (not one of my friends have the auto tilt deal in their cars, except for the dude with the Caddy EXT that thing is like the USS Enterprise).

Maybe they are just outdated items that dont make sense for our market. The Navi, this thing, the ski sleeve, etc. I wonder, I dunno.
As with most Asian car manufacturers, they keep the best stuff for themselves and import watered down versions of their vehicles.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
But they would have sold a gobs more acura's if the GS model came with the Navi and that sensor or who knows what ever else they kept from us.

I read somewhere that Acura's decision making where the USDM Legend is concerned has always kept the car at "Near Luxury" status. Ehh, waa daa yaa gonna do eh?

· Registered
1,306 Posts
I don't think they were too concerned with getting the extra sales, they were probably more concerned with keeping those extra features to themselves, therefore making JDM Legends superior to USDM models. I could be very wrong though.

· Registered
20 Posts
I personally think that they would be more concerned with sales, then with being able to say they have superior models in japan then we do here. Thats why I was wondering if the US legend came with a keyless entry system. Because if it does it must be better then that infrared one that only works from so close. Also about the navigation, did any other cars in the US starting in 94 have navi? I'm honestly not sure but I would imagine not or only really high end high priced cars. Japan has always been ahead in technology so maybe it was normal for the legend to have it over there, whereas here at the time who would want to pay another 2-3 grand for navigation when they've never even really heard of it before. And other little features may be for specific markets for whatever reason like folding mirrors and bumper poles are for the parking constraints in Japan. Even though we think those would be cool to have here, they want some of the stuff we have that they don't just to be different.

· Registered
972 Posts
yes, i'm sure they decided to sacrifice selling more cars because they wanted to keep navigation and automatic trunk locks and the like to themselves. honestly, had anyone even heard of this trunk thing until just now anyway, and if you had, how much would it have contributed to you choosing your car over another option.
as for the navi, pioneer only started making them in japan in 1990 or so. it takes time and effort to create maps, etc. to use with navigation systems, especially 15 years ago when technology was not at the level it is at now, where they were using hard drives instead of dvd systems. obviously they started off in japan, and worked their way here. the us is the biggest car market in the world, there is no way in hell they would have intentinally kept something like navigation technology to themselves so they would have 'cooler cars'.

· EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,675 Posts
93accordex said:
That sounds right to me. You could get that on some accord wagons in the US. Its an infrared system which only works from about 2 feet away or less.
We have almost the same keys here in Germany, except that ours are laser cutted, the button contains more functions and the key itself is wireless with a distance of approx. 20 m's. The rest is the same. -Mike

93accordex said:
So on my accord there a similar sensor in one of the tail lights, and one on the drivers door handle.
Yes, we have also a sensor in the door handle. Same like yours. -Mike

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
another reason y i need a jdm alpha touring coupe...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.