Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'll be getting my jdm console about this time next week, and i was wondering about something...

when i bought the car there wasn't a stock radio in it. The person before me had a clarion headunit in there. Theres infinity kappas in place of the factory bose speakers. all new speaker wires are run to the trunk where they are connected to a 4ch clarion amp. I put a sub in the trunk also running off its own amp.

so, there are already 2 sets of RCA's running to the center console.. thats the only way i have audio running up there. is there any EASY way to plug these in to the factory headunit using some kind of converter/adapter? i'd like to keep the factory headunit becuase of course its the JDM one that is attached to the climate control down below. any help is very appreciated.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but will i still be able to connect the stock harness up to the stock stereo? or do the line output converters just tap into the wires on the harness the plug in the harness and plug in the RCAs to the LOC

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
you're still going to connect the HU to the stock harness... but you wont connect the speaker wires... you need to cut those and connect them to the line-output converter.

as for line output converter quality... i would suggest david navone, stinger, or audio control.

nowadays with new cars with one of a kind dashes that dont go along with DIN standards... it costs money getting an aftermarket HU especially when you have to get a custom dash..

i know one person whos running a LOC on stock G35 hu with 3 way dynaudios... no noise whatsoever and quality is just perfect.

· Fre OG
1,258 Posts
I am running a PAC on my stock stereo they sent me the wrong wiring diagram and almost fried my head unit but now it works good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.