Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As some of you already know, Harrison Ford is Honda Clio's spokesman for the 90-95 Honda Legend.

Along with the commercials, he's appeared on phone cards and some sales literature.

I'm just glad we didn't get the Honda Integra spokesman...Michael J. Fox. :giggle:

So anyway, I saw this on Yahoo and just had to snag it. Next time I'm in Japan, I've got minutes! :lol:

BONUS: HONDA LEGEND COMMERCIALS (Harrison Ford - Honda Clio):

92'

93'

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
eddie murphy celica stuff would be pretty cool. haha

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
Hmm....I can take seriously Harrision Ford pitching Legends, but Eddie Murphy pitching Celicas?? Thats funny! Interesting how most major celebs don't do this (commercials) is the US, but they'll take that yen over in Japan in a New York minute, LOL!

Hell, I'd sell a Tiffany wrapped turd in Japan if they'd pay me! GOTTA GIT PAID!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
ever seen the movie lost in translation?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:rofl: you can see the strings when the legend is "flying" on to the boat
Haha, that was the first thing I noticed when I originally saw it several years ago...

Hmm....I can take seriously Harrision Ford pitching Legends, but Eddie Murphy pitching Celicas?? Thats funny! Interesting how most major celebs don't do this (commercials) is the US, but they'll take that yen over in Japan in a New York minute, LOL!

Hell, I'd sell a Tiffany wrapped turd in Japan if they'd pay me! GOTTA GIT PAID!
:lol:

ever seen the movie lost in translation?
I have, good film!

·
Cassis Red Pearl
618 Posts
Haha! Those are some great ads! I don't think the Legend is supposed to be flying onto the boat, I'm pretty sure its just getting loaded, those are chains and you can see a platform under it too. If it was supposed to be a trick to make it look like it was flying that was horrible -even by Japanese cinematic standards.

·
Registered
619 Posts
^ agreed

·
Registered
619 Posts
wtf... you are such a JDM Head. by the way man i'll probably be hitting you up in a couple weeks after finals. you gonna be in ATL?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wtf... you are such a JDM Head. by the way man i'll probably be hitting you up in a couple weeks after finals. you gonna be in ATL?
Oh I know, but yea let's definitely kick it. I'm doing finals in two weeks as well. After that, I'm free anytime so hit me up.

Your stuff is cool, but I am lol at the flying car posts. I mean come on, really, and strings? :giggle:
:lol:

Yea, though the commercial was cheaply made I still enjoyed it.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
more stuff from Clio

Key fobs with co. tele # on back.

someone educate me, whats the relationship between honda and clio back then???
What "and" ?! :giggle:

In 1978, after it started producing cars, Honda opened the Berno (Verno) dealer chain. Clio dealers followed in 1984 and in the following year came Primo dealers, specializing in minicars, completing the three-cornered sales system.

In Japan, Honda has seven manufacturing facilities of which four are automobile assembly plants. It has sixty-nine overseas production bases in forty countries.

At present, showrooms total 1,494 for Berno, 511 for Clio, and 399 for Primo - altogether 2,404 in Japan. This gives Honda the third-largest automobile network in the world.

While the Primo stores handled 'kei' cars, as well as base Honda Civics, the Clio stores focused on larger models, including the top-of-the-line Honda Legend.

Honda Worldwide | Honda Clio Shiga Co.,Ltd.

�Honda Cars - Japan

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for Sharing! Cool Vids.
Why at the end of the commercial does it say "midship" as a description of the Legend? What does midship mean?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts