Acura Legend Forum banner

JDM LEGEND PHONE CARD - HONDA CLIO, JAPAN (HARRISION FORD)

5K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Elver 
#1 ·

As some of you already know, Harrison Ford is Honda Clio's spokesman for the 90-95 Honda Legend.

Along with the commercials, he's appeared on phone cards and some sales literature.

I'm just glad we didn't get the Honda Integra spokesman...Michael J. Fox. :giggle:

So anyway, I saw this on Yahoo and just had to snag it. Next time I'm in Japan, I've got minutes! :lol:

BONUS: HONDA LEGEND COMMERCIALS (Harrison Ford - Honda Clio):

92'

93'

See less See more
2 1
#2 ·
eddie murphy celica stuff would be pretty cool. haha

#6 ·
Hmm....I can take seriously Harrision Ford pitching Legends, but Eddie Murphy pitching Celicas?? Thats funny! Interesting how most major celebs don't do this (commercials) is the US, but they'll take that yen over in Japan in a New York minute, LOL!

Hell, I'd sell a Tiffany wrapped turd in Japan if they'd pay me! GOTTA GIT PAID!

#7 ·
ever seen the movie lost in translation?

#10 ·
Haha! Those are some great ads! I don't think the Legend is supposed to be flying onto the boat, I'm pretty sure its just getting loaded, those are chains and you can see a platform under it too. If it was supposed to be a trick to make it look like it was flying that was horrible -even by Japanese cinematic standards.

#11 ·
^ agreed

#13 ·
wtf... you are such a JDM Head. by the way man i'll probably be hitting you up in a couple weeks after finals. you gonna be in ATL?

#15 ·
Oh I know, but yea let's definitely kick it. I'm doing finals in two weeks as well. After that, I'm free anytime so hit me up.

Your stuff is cool, but I am lol at the flying car posts. I mean come on, really, and strings? :giggle:
:lol:

Yea, though the commercial was cheaply made I still enjoyed it.

#18 ·
more stuff from Clio

Key fobs with co. tele # on back.

What "and" ?! :giggle:

In 1978, after it started producing cars, Honda opened the Berno (Verno) dealer chain. Clio dealers followed in 1984 and in the following year came Primo dealers, specializing in minicars, completing the three-cornered sales system.

In Japan, Honda has seven manufacturing facilities of which four are automobile assembly plants. It has sixty-nine overseas production bases in forty countries.

At present, showrooms total 1,494 for Berno, 511 for Clio, and 399 for Primo - altogether 2,404 in Japan. This gives Honda the third-largest automobile network in the world.

While the Primo stores handled 'kei' cars, as well as base Honda Civics, the Clio stores focused on larger models, including the top-of-the-line Honda Legend.

Honda Worldwide | Honda Clio Shiga Co.,Ltd.

�Honda Cars - Japan

#22 ·
No problem.

A mid-engine layout describes the placement of an automobile engine between the rear and front axles. Another term for this is mid-ship, though that term is used mostly by British and Japanese manufacturers.

Traditionally, the term mid-engine has been applied to cars having the engine located between the driver and the rear drive axles. This layout is referred to here as RMR layout.

A subset of Front-Rear when the engine is in front of the driver, but fully behind the front axle line, the layout is sometimes called Front Mid engine Rear FMR layout instead of the less-specific term front-engine.

Variations...

RMR layout: Traditional engine between driver and rear drive axle

ex. Honda NSX, Lotus Elise, Porsche Carrera GT

FMR layout: RWD with engine between driver and front axle

ex. Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette

The MF layout: Mid-ship FWD (Front-wheel drive), with engine in front or parallel to driver. *sometimes referred to as FF midship*

ex. Honda Legend

Info from Mid-engine design

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.