Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a complete JDM Navi console for sale whcih I personally pulled from a JDM coupe myself....

Includes

- Wood console
- Framing
- Armrest with -
- credit card fliptop
- back wood plate with heater seat switches
- Rear wood panel with cigarette lighter
- Climate control unit - JDM version all plugs
- Lower air vents and the 2 sets of vents that plug into these
- Navi surround with clock, hazard and navi on/off switch with all plugs

So this is everthing included that could be taken from a coupe

Defects

- Wood small repaired chip on right hand side
- a couple of surface cracks in the varnish
- climate control mounting holes have broken but I have the broken pieces which can be easily fixed with washers and glue
- One of the vents mounting holes has also cracked and will need to be reinforced as above

Issues with JDM Console installs

- Lower vents
You will need to run ducting down from the top vents using flexible or custom ducting. This is because on a JDM coupe the lower ducts are feed from the blower chamber at exactly the level of the lower vents and also the circulation control flap is also positioned at this area in the blower chamber.

- Navi surrond
On a JAP navi coupe the support bar running through the dash left to right is at the same level as the Navi hole/surrond. However on the Jap coupe this bar has been bent upwards and crushed to allow the jap navi unit to fit in. Also the Jap navi unit itself is tapered on the top at the rear.

On a UK coupe that support bar has not been bent up or crushed and therefore the Jap navi unit would not fit in there and therefore todays double DIN unit would be too long in depth to fit in.

Reason for sale:

I wanted to put an all in one double DIN Navi unit up top but wasnt aware of the depth issue as I had been told by many members that there was a tonne of room in there. This is not the case.

It may be possible with some crushing of that bar. I would assume that the dash support bar is the same in the US as for the UK.

It is no problem to put a double din screen only in the space but as I wanted a current Navigation unit, I'd have to go for all separte components at a cost I'm not prepared to go to.

Price

I would like to offer this to members first. If I dont receive a reasonable offer I'll put it on Ebay.

Bear in mind that I am in London in the UK and the shipping cost will be approx $100 - $120

Please PM me with your offers and /or any questions.

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
Wow. People gonna be jumpin on this. Nice touch keeping a good length of the wires included on the screen bezel. That makes hooking the clock and hazards up much easier. I'm real sorry to hear you couldn't make this work for yourself.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
free bump

Nice touch keeping a good length of the wires included on the screen bezel. That makes hooking the clock and hazards up much easier.
Well thats good to hear since my screen bezel trim has long wires/couplers too.. :D

It all looks good, definitely a complete JDM Navi Console.

Good luck with the sale. :)

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
4,476 Posts
Man, this has been sitting much longer than I thought it would. Its gonna be like a pack of wolves attacking when the bunch of people I know to be interested see this thread.

·
Acura-holiks
504 Posts
nice find, sorry you couldnt get it to work. i finally got back to installing mines and i should be finished in the next week or so finally. even with all parts (as you have for sale more than i did) its a lot of fabricating to do to get it right...

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. People gonna be jumpin on this. Nice touch keeping a good length of the wires included on the screen bezel. That makes hooking the clock and hazards up much easier. I'm real sorry to hear you couldn't make this work for yourself.
I thought long and hard on this and basically had two options

- Remove the dash and have someone take to that bar with gas and crushers
(i wasnt prepared to smash it myself with a hammer as i feel its structural and I'd hate to have a rattling dash as a result)
cost and amount of work on that was prohibitive

- Go with a screen only option up top hooked up to amp & navi unit - cost and amount of work on that was again prohibitive

The annoying part is that the depth is short by only 5-10 mil (but that doesnt allow for wiring loom exits at the rear on double din various units)

I am disappointed but I will settle for a cheaper double din unit down bottom and a portbale sat nav unit!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts