Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If JDM legneds came with one-piece headlights, what model did the JDM corners come from? I was never told about this. All i kno is, i have a set of corners and 1-pieces, but both are JDM? =)

zol

ps.(it's 3am and i'm still up, so my minds wondering and landed on this lil tidbit) =)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
Actually the clear corners are EDM.
Yup, and ive always wondered why Honda went through all the trouble to make 1 pieces for the JDM, 2 pieces with yellow infused corners for the USDM market and 2 pieces with the clear corner for the EDM market?
They could have just made one pieces with yellow corners for USDM and clear 1 pieces for JDM and EDM. :confused:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
acuralegend.com said:

Yup, and ive always wondered why Honda went through all the trouble to make 1 pieces for the JDM, 2 pieces with yellow infused corners for the USDM market and 2 pieces with the clear corner for the EDM market?
They could have just made one pieces with yellow corners for USDM and clear 1 pieces for JDM and EDM. :confused:
Yep, and then we could just get the orange piece cleared out like you can on new TL's which have one-piecers...I guess one-piecers are a new thing...Like new Honda Accords, TL's, RL's, etc all have them...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Also, like mike C mentioned, the EDU headlight outer lens is made of glass, while the USDM and JDM are made of plastic.

But, to tell you the truth, that is why I like the Legend. It is not simply a genereic car, but widely different between Coupe and Sedan, and regional markets. Unlike the other 2 door/4 door cars made today, the Legend Coupe and Legend Sedan almost can be considered differnt makes as there are so much differences.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
92legend said:
I honestly doubt it is made of glass....Just doesn't make sense...I don't know if MikeCs reply to my question here was sarcasm or not.... http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1137
No, it should be made of glass, as Mike and I have talked about it privately. I'm actually getting a set as soon as it becomes available. The only thing I can think of for the reason is because the E code specifications is one of the best and toughest in the world, so maybe the glass was to meat certain specifications. We all kow that the US lighting code is considered poor to most of the world who have already adopted E code specs.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
ChrisK said:

No, it should be made of glass, as Mike and I have talked about it privately. I'm actually getting a set as soon as it becomes available. The only thing I can think of for the reason is because the E code specifications is one of the best and toughest in the world, so maybe the glass was to meat certain specifications. We all kow that the US lighting code is considered poor to most of the world who have already adopted E code specs.
Ya, that sounds right...Before I was considering doing my HID Projector project, I was considering getting E-codes and getting an HID kit...This dude I had chatted with told me that E-codes beam pattern, width, etc was pretty comparable to OEM HID, but with lower cutoffs...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts