Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why is everything that is "jdm" so damn expensive?? Iam not a jdm freak as some of you guys are..There are few jdm acessories ot mods that I like and would actually do..but for the prices..its just crazy...over 200$ for wind reflectors?..thats nuts!!! I know they are somewhat rare but DAMN!..
just wondering...

·
Rebuilding :(
4,624 Posts
There are several reasons why. Economics fundamental reason of supply and demand. Also, quality visors do go for a pretty penny, so to expect them to go for $20 is kinda ludicrous. Also, japanese products are going for more now too because of the shitty value of the american dollar. 1 US dollar is almost equivalent to 100 japanese yen, with $1 = 98 yen.

Also shipping from JDM land is not too cheap either, so sometimes an item that cost $150 from there may cost $175-180 with shipping, sometimes more.

Ill borrow the quote from everyone else, " You gotta pay to play."

·
NALM '20 Seattle dreaming
2,246 Posts
There are several reasons why. Economics fundamental reason of supply and demand. Also, quality visors do go for a pretty penny, so to expect them to go for $20 is kinda ludicrous. Also, japanese products are going for more now too because of the shitty value of the american dollar. 1 US dollar is almost equivalent to 100 japanese yen, with $1 = 98 yen.

Also shipping from JDM land is not too cheap either, so sometimes an item that cost $150 from there may cost $175-180 with shipping, sometimes more.

Ill borrow the quote from everyone else, " You gotta pay to play."
agreed. I "won" some JDM floor board mats. My final price after the auction was $42.00 but after the surcharges, handling fees, and actual shipping those mats ended up costing me over $200.00 and I can't even use the front two mats. (but I knew all of this before I even placed my bid)

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Part rarity, part hype, part demand, part currency exchange value loss , part shipping charges I guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts