Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my car for the first time in 5 months yesterday! It feels like I just bought my Legend. It drives like the day I bought it a the dealership. I replaced (2) axel shafts, all ball joints, and wheel bearings. I'm also happy to say that there are no check engine codes!!! The JDM motor runs strong, but I have a question.

My idle seems a little too fast. Idles at 1,500 RPM. I'm going to adjust the throttle cable today. What do your Legend's idle at? Any idea's on this subject would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
814 Posts
You want that idle down to 650 rpm. I think you want to make sure the throttle cable is correctly installed, then adjust the idle using the idle adjuster screw on the throttle body.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Tinkindling said:
You want that idle down to 650 rpm. I think you want to make sure the throttle cable is correctly installed, then adjust the idle using the idle adjuster screw on the throttle body.
Word! I agree... might want to check those!

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
okay

I have type one and my idle is around 700 and feels like it should idle higher.It knocks a little and on a cold start vibrate the car like hell till warmed up. all i have is a cold air intake.Our engines i think run better at around a grand.

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
9,892 Posts
1200 rpm idle before i cleaned my throttle body and after it was like 600 and i had to question the tack and myself to c if it was really running and now its around 650

·
Registered
521 Posts
swift said:
I have type one and my idle is around 700 and feels like it should idle higher.It knocks a little and on a cold start vibrate the car like hell till warmed up. all i have is a cold air intake.Our engines i think run better at around a grand.
swift it sounds like u have a leaking or leaking injectors. you can have them bench tested . i have no idea how much it will cost. don't go to the dealer though just call around to the local mom and pop shops in your area.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I adjusted the cable & the throttle body and it runs great at 750-850.

thanks for the help!

I would have gave up on this car 6 months ago if it wasn't for this forum.

:bowdown:

NEXT JOB: Speed Sensor went out yesterday! :vomit:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.