Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question! Hopefully someone can help me out... I am interested in getting the JIC SF-1 coilovers set-up for my Legend and I know they are available but I don't know who is distributing them... So if someone has a contact I would appreciate it...

Thanks

Vito

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Import Toyz sells'em. Check this link out. Though it says it is made for KA7, the KA8 will work too.

http://www.importtoys.com/autoacc/acura/Legend_partz.htm

n20rbit93 said:
Question! Hopefully someone can help me out... I am interested in getting the JIC SF-1 coilovers set-up for my Legend and I know they are available but I don't know who is distributing them... So if someone has a contact I would appreciate it...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the JIC-Magic SF-1 coilover/shock set up installed on my 91 Coupe LS. It is for the KA7(91-95 sedan) but will bolt up to the KA8(91-95 coupe) with no problems. Bought the kit when I was stationed in Japan just before coming back to the states in April. I installed it my self. The ride quality is the best I ever felt! Rides more like a race car than a luxury car. The car sticks to the ground and will not bottom out and is not forgiving when going over alot of dips and bumps in the street so be careful and avoid pot holes and speed bumps.

I will lower it more when I get the Ingalls camber adjustment kit 3557 up front installed.

If you want the adjustable shock you can get the JIC-Magic SA-1. It is the same as the SF-1 but it has five settings for ride stiffness.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I took a look in this Japanese VIP-STYLE 20002 March magazine. It has alot of advertizement for a lot of suspensions. Looked under the JIC-SF-1 and SA-1. Looks like the KA7 is listed only in the SF-1 section, so the SA-1 is not avaible for the Legend, only the SF-1. When I bought my kit in Japan, I thought the Japanese sales man ask me if I wanted the SF-1 or SA-1.

Japanese is hard to read but if you remember KA7(91-95 sedan) and KA8(91-95 coupe) when looking for japanese parts, you will know if is for your Legend or not.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't familliar with the VIN codes on the SA-1 page, so after I posted, I went and checked the SF-1 page and found that that one column was indeed for the VIN codes and as such nothing on the SA-1 page for the Legend (and apparently nothing for Hondas).

Thanks though.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
DJ'$-Ack said:
I have the JIC-Magic SF-1 coilover/shock set up installed on my 91 Coupe LS. It is for the KA7(91-95 sedan) but will bolt up to the KA8(91-95 coupe) with no problems. Bought the kit when I was stationed in Japan just before coming back to the states in April. I installed it my self. The ride quality is the best I ever felt! Rides more like a race car than a luxury car. The car sticks to the ground and will not bottom out and is not forgiving when going over alot of dips and bumps in the street so be careful and avoid pot holes and speed bumps.

I will lower it more when I get the Ingalls camber adjustment kit 3557 up front installed.

If you want the adjustable shock you can get the JIC-Magic SA-1. It is the same as the SF-1 but it has five settings for ride stiffness.
What make s the JIC's better than the GC's and what price range are we looking at for the JIC's. I hear that the GC's are top notch coil overs. Are JIC's lighter or better constructed or what.

Oh, you also mentioned that you have the JIC Magic SF! coi over/ SHOCK setup. So, the shocks are part of th setup as well.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
LegendGS said:
Dave, do you know of any coilover setup available to the Legend that has adjustable struts? I could never figure out if the ones by MLS are adjustable.
Well the MLS website had listed 5 and 10 way adjustable coilovers for the G2 Legend. Whether or not they are still available is unknown to me.

I had ordered the JIC SA-1 from Import Toys only to be informed 3 months later they were not available. They remnoved the listing from their site.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
Oh, you also mentioned that you have the JIC Magic SF! coi over/ SHOCK setup. So, the shocks are part of th setup as well.
CAKEDADDY: In my opinion, this is what I would call a real coilover setup, where the shock and spring are built into one unit. Before someone jumps in an starts arguing with me, this is just my opinion. So, yes the JIC is a shock + spring in one.

Dave C ver2.0 said:
I had ordered the JIC SA-1 from Import Toys only to be informed 3 months later they were not available. They remnoved the listing from their site.
DAVE C v2: Damn. But, I still found it and if you order it, they still got the link to send the $1200 or $1400 USD to them via PayPal.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
asianlegend, the link listed at importtoys is for the SF-1 which is priced at $1400.

If you're seeing an SA-1, you may be looking at a cached page.

The SF-1 is available for the KA7/8, but not the SA-1.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
CAKEDADDY: In my opinion, this is what I would call a real coilover setup, where the shock and spring are built into one unit. Before someone jumps in an starts arguing with me, this is just my opinion. So, yes the JIC is a shock + spring in one.
Actually, IMHO, that is the definition of a real adjustable coil over set up. Even our stock cars use a coil over system since the coil (srpings) are over the shocks, hence "Coil Over". However, as we know, they are not adjustable.

The systems like Ground Control are adjustable coil over sleeves :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think the JIC-SA-1 is better than the GC's because the shock has threads built into it that allows the top collar to turn to adjust the hight of the car. The bottom collar lock up to the top to prevent the spring from moving. Plus it has a "hat " that is mounted on a ball joint. This allows the assembly to move laterally as well as up and down for harsher bumps, and it is a direct bolt in.
The Ground Control's is used with your factory shocks or aftermarket shocks

I paid $137,000 Yen for my kit. The Yen rate in Feb 02 was 131Yen to the US Dollar. So I paid $1045 in dollars for my kit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Does not include shipping.

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
hmmm. the GC and Koni combo runs aboooooout, what? $900 not including shiping.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
CakeDaddy said:
hmmm. the GC and Koni combo runs aboooooout, what? $900 not including shiping.
$900? I didn't realize it was that expensive. Anyway, at that price the JIC adjustable coil overs at $1045 is an excellent choice. Its only about $150 more and shipping should be about what? $50-$60 maybe? If I had a chance to get a full real adjustable coil over system for about $200 more than the GC, I'd do it. Unfortunately, I don't need the adjustability, so I'm not in the market for it :)

G

·
If you need the adjustability that is cool, but I think for most people it is a pain to adjust because your camber gets all thrown off from going up and down. So for most if you want to have the car low then just go with the Koni's and H&R's. Ride is excellent and doesn't cost nearly as much.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.