Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JL 500/1 Amp that kinda doesnt work anymore. I think when I had a leak in my trunk some water got on my amp and somehow got inside. All I know is I took off the metal cover and there is a little bit of white residue on teh board and it no longer works. Would anyone want to help me out, I dont know what to do. Its a $575 amp and I used it less than a year. If possuble I would be willing to sell it for $300 and if you want to try to fix it or have someone get it fixed. I dont want to bother with that. Thanks, let me know.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Does it power on at all? Or is it totally dead?

I would take it to the shop that you bought it from and try to get them to do something about it. I'm assuming you bought it retail since you said it was a $575 dollar amp. They probably won't since it isn't a defect, but it's worth a try.

For about 300 dollars you can get a used one that works on eBay if you wanted to. I'd just make it a nice paper weight or door stopper. :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
just bring to back to an authorized JL dealer, they would be able to send it back to JL and get it fixed for you. JL would probably charge you about $150 if the damage is in fact caused by you, otherwise they'll most likely just fix it for free or just charge you a shipping fee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.