Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just wanted to bring to your attention, what I've been noticing as an alarming new phenomenon....

People dont use their turn signals.
Whether you're at a light , waiting to turn -- which is to be expected you use your turn signals, or , hell, getting out of your driveway to turn onto a lazy street that no one is ever on, USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS.

If you encounter anyone that doesnt use their turn signals, TEACH THEM.

To teach people how to use their turn signals, if they cut in front of you (i.e. - called, wandering into your lane), get in the left lane, then put your turn signal as you are behind them 10 feet, and then let them see it shine at least 3-4 times, and then get in their lane again (i.e. - your original lane that you got cut off from).

I taught a woman in a Jaguar how to use her directionals today, and another stupid girl in a Civic that wanted to turn left at an intersection I was crossing and almost hit me, where I proceeded to stop in the middle of it, turn on my turn signal and point to it (for 5-10 seconds), then kept going.

Sorry for the rant guys, I just see this as an ugly trend, we can try to help the unfortunate idiots out there that dont know how to drive. I think that the way I drive is careful and within means, but when you have a big variable like people not using their turn signals, that's how accidents are caused.

-Jose

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Man you are so right. people in VA cannot drive. Nonsensical lane changes with no turn signal, this broad in a 530i almost ran me in to a jersey wall. i was on my way to Reston from DC and they just fly around the Belt Way 80-85mph, oblivious to other drivers. i wonder if the method works.

PEOPLE, ALWAYS USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL. my mother is one of those mutants that doesn't signal. she says she signals when she knows she is doing something wrong, like cuting someone off, but if there is no one behind her she will not signal. :p bolderdash.

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
Seriously man. It's insane just how many people don't use their turn signals. Just this morning I was *****ing about it on my way int work. Some schmuck "wanders" in front of me. I patiently wait for him to get by the slower car in the middle lane. He then fails to get out of my way, I go in the middle lane to pass him when anoterh schmuck in an SUV "wanders" infront of me so I cut off the minivan that "wandered" infront of me earlier and of course, I had my blinker on when doing so.

There is the one off ramp where my parents live. R78 and R22 meet out by Clinton NJ. As you get off R78, R22 merges in and they can go straight or right. Straight gets them onto R78, right gets them on to a backroad. I usually go on the backroad. All too many times i have been cut off my assholes with no blinkers. You think they are going straight, last second, fwoomp, riht infront. On two occasions I did the following. A lady in an minivan with her kids is to my left. My driver seat is at her rear quarter panel. I see her try to nudge in, with me there, no blinker. She wants to go in but I am in the way. All she had to do was turn her blink on and I would have been more than happy to let her in. But the ***** refused to obey the law. So she ended up driving on R78. I paced her the whole way. She never once turned on her blinker, but she did put in the efford to honk the horn. Is this a new thing, does "Honk, honk honk" now stand for "I want to make a right turn" ?

Same exact incident happened with a guy and his g/f in a Tempo a few months later whome I ran into later that day. They proceeded to follow me ot the bank where his PMS ***** gets outta the car and starts *****ing me out. I simply said "Follow the rules of the road and use your blinker so people around you know what you want to do, it works, try it." Somethin like that anyway, she then turns red and screams like crazy at me saying **** like I was trying to kill them, I shouldn't have a license, I am going to get my lawyer on you. I walk right by her, get in my car and take off. She filed a careless driving ticket against me later on. I took it to court, she never showed. *****, I actually pitty the poor guy who she was with, whome never got outta the car or said a word, so you know she said a few words to that poor soul. LOL.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NickD said:

There is the one off ramp where my parents live. R78 and R22 meet out by Clinton NJ. As you get off R78, R22 merges in and they can go straight or right. Straight gets them onto R78, right gets them on to a backroad. I usually go on the backroad. All too many times i have been cut off my assholes with no blinkers. You think they are going straight, last second, fwoomp, riht infront. On two occasions I did the following. A lady in an minivan with her kids is to my left. My driver seat is at her rear quarter panel. I see her try to nudge in, with me there, no blinker. She wants to go in but I am in the way. All she had to do was turn her blink on and I would have been more than happy to let her in. But the ***** refused to obey the law. So she ended up driving on R78. I paced her the whole way. She never once turned on her blinker, but she did put in the efford to honk the horn. Is this a new thing, does "Honk, honk honk" now stand for "I want to make a right turn" ?

Dude, seriously,
People cant just be "given" licenses man.
I say it's mandatory to be in a car w/ an experienced driver for at least 100 hours as a passenger, and then you learn a lot of the small nuances of the road, that otherwise you would never catch.

I used to always ride as the passenger w/ my dad, as the driver, and I noticed a lot of things (the psychology of a good driver, basically), and it's what I use nowadays. I've gotten ONE speeding ticket due to negligence on my part (not knowing where I was at, and speeding), but otherwise, I'm a super safe driver and I always want the other person to get comfortable on the road.. If there's an off ramp and I'm in the right lane, I get towards the left lanes. I go around people so that they have more ease to change lanes ,etc. However, this not-using-turn-signals mess is getting on my nerves.

-Jose

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
my mother is one of those mutants that doesn't signal. she says she signals when she knows she is doing something wrong, like cuting someone off, but if there is no one behind her she will not signal. :p bolderdash.
Dude, TEACH YOUR MOM.
I dont wanna be cursing your mom out when she "wanders" into my lane.

-Jose :)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G Rahn said:
And I notice that 90% of the people that actually use turn signals just hit the switch as they are turning the steering wheel.
Much too late to give anybody notice of their intentions.
Amen.

I hate that one too.

:(

·
Registered
671 Posts
jose - along the lines of your 100 hours of pasenger time, my dad made a contract with me before i was allowed to get my dirvers license. i had to log *30* hours of driving time behind the wheel with either him or my mom before i was even allowed to go and take the driving test. my dad had read some article that said that the magic number of hours at which a beginning driver actually becomes comfortable and safe on the road is ~25, so he rounded it up to 30. in my opinion, that is what has made me a safe driver. i have (knock on wood) *no* speeding tickets, accidents, or anything. they have made a law along those lines in california now (it might be 50 hours, i am not quite sure), and i am sure that in 20 years, that change will be *very* evidend in terms of the safety, etc., on california roads. i encourage everyone here that either has kids, or will, to do something like this with their kids, as it will help both you, them, and any potential accident victims out a great deal.

wally

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
HA

well here in Atl it's another story, u can't use your turn signals, if u do it's the signal for the cat in the other lane to speed up:eek: seriously when u want to pass someon here and u put on your signal they speed up to not let u pass, can i get a word up from the Atlantins........

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
G Rahn said:
And I notice that 90% of the people that actually use turn signals just hit the switch as they are turning the steering wheel.
I hate when people do this as well, they just wait till the last second to actually put their turn signals on. I always run into situations like this, but the one place I hate going to at times is jersey because most jersey drivers will cut you off like its ok, and I hate that, they think that its ok and I remember one day going to jersey this guy cut me off maybe within 15 feet ahead of me with no warning and he was going to turn into a gas station so I followed him and got out the car and cursed his ass out and he apologized and had this very scared look in his face after I cursed his dumb ass out. Hopefully he'll signal from now on. :D

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Triton3K said:

... so I followed him and got out the car and cursed his ass out and he apologized and had this very scared look in his face after I cursed his dumb ass out. Hopefully he'll signal from now on. :D
Damn!
Following people into gas stations

That's gangsta.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
G Rahn said:
oops....:eek: id o that on occasions...sorry i will work on it.

Originally posted by jose3030
Damn!
Following people into gas stations

That's gangsta.
no bull...gangsta gangsta<---(BET comic veiw)

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
ALWAYS USE YOUR TURN SIGNALS.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

Every day, they'll be someone who wont use their turn signals, or puts their turn signals wayyy too late. I hate this so much when I'm driving, please be curteous and use them!!!!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
F1HolEShoT said:
i have a question. are blinkers still required when your going faster than everyone else by at least 20-25 mph?
I mean, yea.

Just do it when you pass them..... but let people around you know.

Who knows, maybe there's a biker behind you going 40 MPH faster than them (but 15 mph faster than YOU)! :)

-Jose

·
Registered
61 Posts
very true, i had the privilege of getting my ass handed to me on the hutchinson river parkway by an M5. i was pushing up through traffic, and just thought there was a 5 series following me to get past the traffic. we got past the clump of cars and hit an open straight. i was going about 80 - 85, and he pulls on me to the right, so i down it to 3rd and floor it. as soon as i had to upshift to 4th at 100, he blows by me like i was standing still, and proudly displays the most awesome badge on a 4 door car.
oh, and he used his blinker when he got in my lane.

///M5 :D

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
I remember one time back when i was in high school. This women cut off my friend, I was driving shotgun. My friend get's pissed so we both put on our sunglasses, pull up along side of her and just look at her. Then get back behind her. We followed her for almost 30 minutes till she pulled into her driveway. We pulled it right behind her, made a U-Turn and left. LOL.. Ahh, the crazy things you do in high school. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.