Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a few months I will need new tires, so I figured why not get new wheels too. I am thinking about 17s. So my question is can I get a 17 inch wheel with a low profile tire and still have enough space in the wheel well to not scrape. I am just being cautious because my last car scraped like a bi***. My other question is does anyone have gold exaust tips? I want to get some-do I have to go to Acura or is there another brand that would fit.

PS: I just washed my Legend-holy crap that baby shines!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I may add, just something to think about when you go with gold plated tail pipes.

hot/cold hot/cold hot/cold

imagine what thats doing to the gold plating, I'll give it six months tops and you will have

crome/gold crome/gold crome/gold.

just something to think about.
;)

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
stay away from the "gold"
unless you are going for ALL gold trim..it looks tacky, & Ms C is right....it will turn.

If you get 17", go for a whell with an offset of +42mm or more.

+45mm is perfect, +50mm is even better!!
You will need a 225/45/17 or 235/45/17
Going 18"?
Get 225/40/18, +42mm offset or higher

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info and your opinions. I have all gold emblems and gold licence plate frames so chrome tips would look out of place. If I buy gold tips from Acura, I would assume they would be better quality and the outer coating would be somewhat heat resistant, also I don't mind replacing something like that after a little time passes.

I love this forum-no one here tells me I talk about my car to much. :)

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Miss C has a good point.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Miss C definately has a good point, but check and see if the ones that come from Acura are plated to handle all that heat and ask them if they warrant the tips if they do lose the gold. Just a thought.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Re: Thanks

91LSMAN said:
Thanks for all of your help.

LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe I was wondering-you said an offset of 42mm or more-is that mandatory or is that you opinion? Also what wheels or wheel brands can anyone reccomend that look good, but are not the most expensive wheel in the world.
well, not mandatory, but for a decent ride...no scrubbing, and the ability to lower your car with no scrubbing and backspacing issues, I can speak from exeprience that you want to go to as close to +50mm offset as possible. Most places sell wheel w/ offsets in the low 40's - high 30's. YOU must ask for it, or they will get you! now, as far s wheels go, Thai posted a very nice listing... (P/T) you can have fun there....and also try thhis wholesale place
http://www.salesco.com or my buddies at http://www.wheesldirect.net or LegendMS....here on the forums

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I remember seeing the MDX with gold exhaust extensions.... so maybe they would fit the legend as they are dual pipes as well. But if you can not get decent ones, DO NOT buy cheap ones as they will turn to chrome/gold/scratched metal/ all sorts of ugly colors that you would not want someone to see tips. I saw someone do that on a gold edition vigor.... looked really crappy.:)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Minimum offset is +42. For wheels look at Enkei which are not overly expensive.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Suggest that you plan on purchasing at least one extra wheel (two if directional) and at least one extra set of center caps. Wheel mfgrs discontinue models every couple of yrs, and you do not want to find yourself having to purchase a complete set of new wheels if one becomes damaged beyond repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts