Acura Legend Forum banner

How many of y'all have inoperable quarter windows due to a defective shuttle?

• I do !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ME

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that the common issue of not having the quarter windows work seems to be a faulty/broken plastic "shuttle" would it not be possible to 3D print them? Just asking, I don't have a printer nor do I know just how they work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Being that the common issue of not having the quarter windows work seems to be a faulty/broken plastic "shuttle" would it not be possible to 3D print them? Just asking, I don't have a printer nor do I know just how they work.
i feel like a 3d printer can help us with alot of common broken things like the center console or door storage trays

·
Registered
60 Posts
=======================
Yes it's a common problem due to the nylon "shuttle" yielding with age due to the constant pull of the regulator cable ball end. I have 6 each 1st gen Legends (2 sedans & 4 coupes) and have experienced 3 failed "shuttles". I do, and suggest that, after raising the rear windows, relax the cable by a short reversal down of the regulator such that the window still seals but the cable is only supporting the weight of the window and not regulator constant "jam-up" cable tension.

THERE IS A FIX! I have repaired my "shuttles" with fiberglass & epoxy to support the area of the "shuttle" that fails; it's a bit tedious (weights compress epoxy/glass due to minimal clearance), but is stronger and will not yield with age (see attached photos).
Wood Grey Rectangle Gas Circle

Hood Wood Bumper Table Automotive exterior

Table Wood Hardwood Gas Cuisine

Rectangle Wood Fluid Gas Composite material

Wood Hood Bumper Automotive design Glass

Wood Gas Electronic device Rectangle Automotive lighting

Food Ingredient Recipe Tableware Baked goods

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for your input! I was beginning to think nobody used this site anymore. Very usefull.
========================
Your welcome! I only come on the site when I get a "Ping" from it to my email. The 1st gen Legends are essentially all off of the road. From 2009 when I acquired my first Legend coupe I used to spend a lot of time in the Houston area LKQ salvage pick-a-part yards and have a room full of 1st gen parts. I'm on their "Garage" and get an email notice whenever a 1st gen hits one of their 3 yards; haven't received a notice in over a year and a half.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts