Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really getting on my nerves! :mad: As u know I went ahead and replaced the raidator on my 92LS w/a new one. Now all off a sudden it has coolant on the outer top rim. It's not leaking or squirting as b4, I would say that the coolant would last me like 6mos. 'till I had to fill it up again.

To make this even better my new 95GS has the same problem here. WTF! :mad: Could it just be the radiator cap? How can I know? I don't feel like paying for more tests @ the machanic shop or returning the one I have. I hope u guys know the solution, I don't feel like installing 2 new rads (LS & GS). Thanks 4 ur time.

Latin......................A.K.A....::::<RaDiAtOr PrObLeMaTiC>::::........:mad:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
LATIN_RAVER_LEGEND said:
This is really getting on my nerves! :mad: As u know I went ahead and replaced the raidator on my 92LS w/a new one. Now all off a sudden it has coolant on the outer top rim. It's not leaking or squirting as b4, I would say that the coolant would last me like 6mos. 'till I had to fill it up again.

To make this even better my new 95GS has the same problem here. WTF! :mad: Could it just be the radiator cap? How can I know? I don't feel like paying for more tests @ the machanic shop or returning the one I have. I hope u guys know the solution, I don't feel like installing 2 new rads (LS & GS). Thanks 4 ur time.

Latin......................A.K.A....::::<RaDiAtOr PrObLeMaTiC>::::........:mad:
damn son i feel you right now, i've been having one of those weeks myself, i'm vexxed right now myself, i've been having all kinds of sh!t happening to me lately.....I'm in there with u son.

hold up don't u have some sort of warranty on the one u replaced?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do, but the company is in Montana. I don't feel like waiting a week to get a new one, especially if it's something I can fix. As u know I'm selling the LS, so I don't have time to do the returning and receiving. I also don't feel like being mean to the next buyer and sell the car in the condition it is. I want the next buyer to know how good it is to drive a LEGEND. Thanks.

Latin.................

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
That must really suck Latin. Did you check for yourself and saw that the radiator was the problem or did you take it to a mechanic?

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
!!! A lot of people get this Radiator problem... do we even know why?? When I was shopping for a G2 Legends, two of them had just installed new radiators!

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
!!! A lot of people get this Radiator problem... do we even know why?? When I was shopping for a G2 Legends, two of them had just installed new radiators!
Most Honda's have the plastic/metal rad's. They are one of the higher failure items on the car. Most Legend's you find are in the mileage that puts them in this category. So if you buy one, triplecheck the cooling sys...make sure it is up to speed unless you are planning on upgrading to a new motor (Type II);)

·
Registered
702 Posts
oh, it's a well known fact that the factory radiators for acura legends were true pieces of sh*t!!! that's why they only last a couple of years or so max...same for me when i was shopping around almost everyone i saw had a newer radiator, and even the one i bought too had a newer and much larger radiator and i have had no problems with it at all. but it's true, legend radiators fuc*ing suck!!! :D

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Is there a better radiator we can put in, how much? What do you guys recommend, and how difficult is it?

Hey Leon I already have a TypeII GS :D

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Latin, you can try calling HAP Recycling in Rancho Cordova (near Sacramento).
Their # is (800) 999-9499.

They might have something cheap and will ship it your door!

try them!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Triton3K, I'm goin back to the mechanic to do the rad pressure test, hopefully he can do it for free :D, if there is a tiny leak on the top tank, i guess I'm going to have to wait for the new one or have it fixed. Thanks.

Thanks ILOVELEGEND, i'll give them a shot.

FutureX 2001, cool beans :d That's pretty nice, wot r u using? photoshop? illustrator? bryce 3d? Right now I'm working on a logo, I'll post my finishing products :). Can u finally c my burning GS on my sig? lol. Thanks.

Latin.................

P.S. Hopefully everything comes out good.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts