Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the retro fitting of the Nissan Cima (Q45) Gatling headlight. the guy was pretty humorous so it wasn't boring. but he put alot of work and effort and inginuity into that project. he evn has the auto leveling feature retro'ed on there so it doesn't blind people. i just figured how the parabolic lens works in there, this guy knew alot after he finished the Project and he shares boat loads. the fact that he chrome plated the housing to get better light distribution was cool i thought it would have caused a glare for the reverse semispherical light director but it actually helped a little form what he said. the beam pattern is right at hood level but wide and bright as all hell. reading this makes mme really want to do this.

one thing he kept mentioning was the size of the aparatus. "It is Enormous!" is what he said. 14cm wide wiht all the bracketry, STOCK. jeez he spent 6 months on conceptualiztion and 2 months on actual construction. that means it wasn't just a drop in. some work was done and i think i could probably find a way to make it fit the Legend which i still am doing.

just thought i'd let some of you know some of the things that was going in the tutorial so you just didn't have pics to look at

the link to the site again is

Soaristo website

click on the headlight pic near the bottom.

one...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Man, That GS is tight! So you're sayin' the dude hooked up the whole front lighting system himself? That was awesome. Has anyone come close to that on the forum?????? If so I think that will be my next big project. It's just something about those blue lights that reminds me of a woman's eyes.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he sent out the Blueprint for the custom back plates to hold the lights in place but other than that, yup all him self.

the only person i can think of right now who did a retro fit is Matt. X5 projectors. BTW Big props on the Retro of the X5's love the way they look.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
If you accomplish this, I will be your slave.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
he sent out the Blueprint for the custom back plates to hold the lights in place but other than that, yup all him self.

the only person i can think of right now who did a retro fit is Matt. X5 projectors. BTW Big props on the Retro of the X5's love the way they look.
Thanks man...Ya, I never thought I would be able to do it myself...I basically just spent about a month or so gaining knowledge on what is involved in the project...Then bought the BMW X5 Complete Xenon Housings for $550 shipped from Cali....I'm the only legend that has done HID housings that I know of...There is a JDM legend that put projectors in his high beams...

I think I'm gonna start typing out a DIY for it...

BTW, if anyone is gonna do these(Q45 Machine Gun Projectors)...Consider the size of them...I don't see this being possible on the coupe and possibly on the sedan...You could always cut the chrome bezel. I wouldn't do that though...

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt Whelan said:

.....if anyone is gonna do these(Q45 Machine Gun Projectors)...Consider the size of them...I don't see this being possible on the coupe and possibly on the sedan...You could always cut the chrome bezel. I wouldn't do that though...
im doing R&D for the sedan. i dont have a coupe so it's just a little harder to measure those lights without people running from insides of stores yelling at me to get away from their cars. hehe:D J/K. im trying...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts