Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my god.
This car has serious balls. ;)

Before -- the shifting was rather tedious and I hated to drive my car (cuz I felt I needed the 60k.... seriously)....

But now, I might get from 58.5k to 100k faster than anyone in the history of mankind. :) This car is SOOOOOOOOOO fun to drive now.

They did all the "regular 60k" changes, it was a checkpoint of 2 pages, worth of checks.

The infamous "radiator leaking" thing doesnt apply to me (just yet, but I know down the road w/ the plastic top, it'll come sooner than later)...

The infamous "transmission mount" situation w/ G2's does not apply to me and WILL NOT apply to me if I keep driving like a grandma.

And they did the rest of the goodies for me, new NGK's, air filter, oil filter, all that good stuff. I tell ya, I am MORE excited now than when I got my car, cuz this car hauls. The manual gearbox fluid being changed (from whatever it had and for however long it sat before) and the differential fluid, those are my 2 big buddies right now...

God, I love reliable cars.
:)

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Nice.....

Do you notice a difference in shifting now that your tranny oil was changed? My service was done about 20 000 km ago, but the tranny does not shift that smoothly. I guess it is still me though getting used to driving a manual. Congrats anyways on your new found love for driving your legend, my six speed brotha'! :D

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mckenzie91 said:
Nice.....

Do you notice a difference in shifting now that your tranny oil was changed? My service was done about 20 000 km ago, but the tranny does not shift that smoothly. I guess it is still me though getting used to driving a manual. Congrats anyways on your new found love for driving your legend, my six speed brotha'! :D
Yes!
Most definitely.
In the cheat-sheet, they may have adjusted some of the tension related with the shifting mechanism, because it not only shifts smoother, but the clutch is easier to engage now (not sure if they're related or not)......

But, wow.. yes. :)
If you live in the cold and the car was sitting for a bit, you may just wanna do the manual tranny fluid change, see what happens. Cant hurt right? :)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Hey Jose, what did I tell you. The service change really does make a difference in everything. I love how my car handles now and hopefully by the weekend i'll get my oil changed.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave C ver2.0 said:
Who did it for you Jose?
I went to my buddy's shop in Burke, VA.

Brauning family....

they race in NIRA and all that good stuff..

www.brauningmotorsports.com

It's called Burke Mobil... if u need directions or any information, let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts