Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from having my coupe dynoed. My mods are custom CAI, testpipe, Bayou stage II chip and Type I auto crank pulley. The dyno was a dynojet. Best run- 183.3 hp & 197.4 tq. I'm pretty happy with the results, can't wait to get my Type II manifold back from Extrude Hone and dyno again. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No cat at this time. The early Type I auto crank pulleys (91-92 I believe) are lighter than the 5/6 spd crank pulley. They are solid metal with no dampening and weigh about 7lbs vs 11lbs. I ran 15.2 before the CAI so hopefully I'll hit 15.0 next time as you stated.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
You should post your results in the G2 dyno thread.

You have the highest numbers for Type I n/a. You beat out Tyler. Good job and nice numbers! I think having 216k on the odo has something to do with it. All that carbon buildup is probably boosting your compression a bit.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alexc said:
His legend is a type S, no wonder he got such good numbers :D. Just teasing... Nice run!
You like that huh? :giggle: I stuck it on there one day for the heck of it. My '95 trunk lid is being painted right now so it'll be gone soon.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
94LCoupe said:
You should post your results in the G2 dyno thread.

You have the highest numbers for Type I n/a. You beat out Tyler. Good job and nice numbers! I think having 216k on the odo has something to do with it. All that carbon buildup is probably boosting your compression a bit.
Congrats, you now have the highest hp type I n/a (by .1 hp) ;)
but a bit more torque. i think the manifold will help a lot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
when you get your manifold on your gonna lose some bottom end, but your top will pickup nice. I did the same thing to my type I. Now doin the type II swap, plus weight reduc and all that, ill post picks. I feel bad seein my car with everything stripped off it, it's really cold here, maybe i should put a blanket over her or somethin?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments guys. To answer your question Leo, you can still get the Bayou chip from Bayou (pure performance products). I got mine from them a few months ago.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I've called extrude hone numerous times and each time they told me it would be done in a few days. It's now been almost 8 weeks since they received the manifold. However, I noticed they finally billed my debit card so I would assume they actually processed it this time. They ended up charging me about $495 which was not what I expected since they quote $400 for V6 manifolds on their website. Some of that amount would be for return shipping I suppose. At this point I don't even care, I just want to get it back.
As soon as it gets here I'll be posting some pics, and hopefully I'll be installing it this weekend. Then back to the dyno. Stay tuned.

Update 12/28 - Received manifold. See below
Manifold pics

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Nice run!! Great torque!

Wish I can get my torque that high... of course without sacrifising my HP ;)

I read you are going to put Type-II heads on your engine, so prepare to lose some of that torque as the Type-II put out less torque, but a nice increase in HP though. My best run was 182 ft-lbs of torque but 211.4 whp.

Does a CAI help alot with pumping up the TQ?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right now I'm just installing an extrude honed type II intake on my type I heads. Hoping to keep the type I torque characteristics while gaining some high end hp. I don't know how much torque I gained off the CAI, never dynoed before it was installed. I'm sure it is a contributing factor, as well as the fact that I'm running the stock exhaust w/ testpipe (at the expense of some hp). I'm trying to gain as much hp as I can without giving up much torque. I'll find out soon how it all turns out I guess!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.