Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a stock clutch put in for my 91 coupe, and damn it feels like a new car! The clutch pedal effort is like a feather compared to my last clutch. Also, shifting through the gears is much smoother! my old clutch had 120,000 miles on it, and I am so glad I got it replaced. Anyone who has a questionable clutch, I suggest you replace it, the difference is amazing!

G

·
I have an auto but there are a few nick nack mantience things i'll need to do get the ride right..

Like the 60 K service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am putting mine in at the end of this month w/ help from my uncle. Did you have problems getting into first when moving slowly like at 5mph? I have to come to a complete stop in order to engage first. Even then it doesn't go in all the way until I give it a little a gas and lay off the clutch. Hopefully a new clutch will solve my problems. Also, how much did you pay for the parts? (Disk/Bearing and Press. Plate).

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, first gear was really rough, I essentially had to jam it into first all the time. Along with downshifting into to third as well. Now that I have the new clutch, I am on my way to smooth shifting. You will really save your transmission by putting in a new clutch,(the reason why you are having trouble shifting into first is because the clutch will not fully disengage, you probably have a high pedal engagment too.
As for parts, it was $500 for the clutch from the dealer, clutch, pressure plate and release bearing. $500 for labor at a private shop. The dealer warranties the part for 12,000 miles too.
Good luck with the installation, I heard it is tough.

·
Registered
3 Posts
did your old clutch effect any other gears or just first? cuz im having problems with reverse its not engaging at all and just grinds does anyone have any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts