Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a stock clutch put in for my 91 coupe, and damn it feels like a new car! The clutch pedal effort is like a feather compared to my last clutch. Also, shifting through the gears is much smoother! my old clutch had 120,000 miles on it, and I am so glad I got it replaced. Anyone who has a questionable clutch, I suggest you replace it, the difference is amazing!

G

·
I have an auto but there are a few nick nack mantience things i'll need to do get the ride right..

Like the 60 K service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am putting mine in at the end of this month w/ help from my uncle. Did you have problems getting into first when moving slowly like at 5mph? I have to come to a complete stop in order to engage first. Even then it doesn't go in all the way until I give it a little a gas and lay off the clutch. Hopefully a new clutch will solve my problems. Also, how much did you pay for the parts? (Disk/Bearing and Press. Plate).

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, first gear was really rough, I essentially had to jam it into first all the time. Along with downshifting into to third as well. Now that I have the new clutch, I am on my way to smooth shifting. You will really save your transmission by putting in a new clutch,(the reason why you are having trouble shifting into first is because the clutch will not fully disengage, you probably have a high pedal engagment too.
As for parts, it was $500 for the clutch from the dealer, clutch, pressure plate and release bearing. $500 for labor at a private shop. The dealer warranties the part for 12,000 miles too.
Good luck with the installation, I heard it is tough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.