Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what percent black tint should i go with? in NJ any tint on front windows is illegal, but im sure if its light enough cops wont care. I'm thinking 25% back, 35% front. what should i do?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lil over 700 for the body work and paint. im happy with it so far, i stopped by at the body shop when the owner wasnt around so im not sure if the paintjob is complete. i also need some temp plates off him

·
Registered
629 Posts
Whoa!!, I had to do a triple take on this one beacuse I
1. Own a 91L Coupe
2. Have the exact same color combo(exterior/interior)
3. Wanted to get my car painted black or something dark

Looks excellent. I for the life of me cannot figure out what the name of that stock color is. Its decent but I really want black.

btw. Did you get the door jambs, and what-not painted? If you did'nt can ya post a pic of the contrast. This is one of the things I was unsure about before I got mine

Anyone notice the bright yellow Isuzu/Acura trooper/SLX, with the handicap Tags? Can't miss that joint....get out the waaay

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Armayo, nah I dont think they did the inside door, when I do get the car back ill take the pics for you. The original stock color was too boring for me.. i am VERY pleased how the black with tan / cream leather looks.. i cant wait to get it on the road, i still have to pass NJ inspection, and register it, change color on title, etc.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Bryan said:
Armayo, nah I dont think they did the inside door, when I do get the car back ill take the pics for you. The original stock color was too boring for me.. i am VERY pleased how the black with tan / cream leather looks.. i cant wait to get it on the road, i still have to pass NJ inspection, and register it, change color on title, etc.
Thanks Bryan, yeah the color is very boring, hehe, I could'nt have said it better myself, eventhough it is very stealthy. Very Rare that color is on this board. The stock color does seem to put a limit on what you can do like tint and rims, and other things, but I'm thinkin I might try and work with it a little, but black paint is ohhhh sooo tempting.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bro I'm not to far from you. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PAINT JOB AND HOW MUCH????? THAT IS DEFINATELY AN A+ + + + JOB!!!!!!!
I'm a cop you can ride through my town with the windows tinted black any day. EXCELENT PAINT JOB.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jewelerz im friends with the owner of Maaco in Perth Amboy NJ

i send him alot of business so he returned the favor. Stop by there and speak to Robert, say Bryan from Wills Service sent you, he'll treat ya good and do a great job.

pz

·
Registered
27 Posts
From NJ exit 12

Bryan couldn't help but notice your from "hoodbridge" (just jokes) grew up in "carteruff" you know how it is---hey i'm coming back to nj beginning of august from the air force (finally done) might be looking into getttin some paintwork done on the bottom trim of my legend you mind if i throw your name out at the MAACO--

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no problem, just make sure you mention Wills Service too. its the repair shop i was affiliated with. or just mention the black legend now and he should know who. if you want gimme an email on what day your going and i can give rob a call. -> [email protected]

good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.