Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been running Axxis MetalMasters for the last year and really loved them! My squeelers came on last week so I decided to change my front pads as they were getting dangerously low. I decided to give EBC a shot and see how they compare with Axxis.

I was going to get the GreenStuff but the guy at the shop recommended the RedStuff for a heavy car like a Legend.

I am breaking them in for now and once they are borken in I'll let you guys know how I think they compare to MM.

In respect to brake dust, MM had a bit of dust and I'm hoping these have less, but he said the GreenStuff has almost no dust, but the RedStuff will give some off.

Are all you EBC guys only running GreenStuff?

G

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
At first I though about the RedStuff, but since it was more expensive, I though I give the Greens a try first. If I liked them and they performed well, than I would save the money and keep buying Greens from then on. If I wanted more, than I would try the Red the next time. So far I'm happy with the Green so I don't think I'll be going with the Red. However, let us know how you like them. I think if I took my car to the auto cross track, or did more sprited driving, than maybe I would have gotten the Red right off the bat.

·
Registered
332 Posts
When I replace my pads, I'll be going with Greenstuff. Grassroots Motorsports tested them a few months back on their E30 M3 project car and had plenty of great things to say. They tested on both the track and street, so I know they did a thorough evaluation.

They're gonna try the Redstuff next.

As I understand it, the Redstuff is really intended for use on the track. I would bet that under street driving conditions, Greenstuff is the better pad to have.

·
Registered
847 Posts
the miata info is correct and applies to most vehicles. I once saw a similar chart on Endless Motorsports' web site and saw similar numbers. I too feel that Greenstuff is more suitable for street cars, especially for panic stops~ I can't even remember how many animals ebc greenstuff have saved:p Not to mention how many times greenstuff have saved me from the poor drivers around my area~:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
i need help

Im in the middle of putting on my ebc greenstuff brakes right now. We are doing the left front right now. I see the double shims you guys were telling me about, we noticed that the inner shim has bumps and the original brake pad has grooves where the bumps fit into. So we cant get the shims to fit flat on the ebc pads because they dont have the grooves. Did you guys just use 1 shim???

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
****.. wish I knew this info before.... damn guys tell me Red Stuff works alot better for heavier cars.

I havn't broken them in completely yet to really put them to the test. All I know is my wheels are getting dark from dust alot faster than my MM... perhaps during break in period it does this otherwise I have to be wiping my wheels down at least every day :mad:

Well.. it's loo late now.. stuck with these for a year.... however I do drive really hard on my brakes so I'm sure they'll benefit me. I've managed to make my rotors glow red a few times before :D

G

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got a type II also, we ended up using just 1 shim all the way around ( 2 shims per wheel instead of four). When we took the rear driver side pads off we noticed that 1 of the pads had two shims, while the rear passenger brakes had only 1 shim. Whats the deal? Is there supposed to be 4 shims on each of the back tires also? Another thing, when we spinned the rotors in the front we saw that the brake pads were rubbing on the rotor. I'm hoping it goes away after the break in period. Is this what you guys went through also?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
legendluv said:
For the rear rotors I was able to turn the rotors easily, but with the front rotors I had to use a little force. It wouldnt even spin that much. Is that normal?
It should be okay. As soon as you start using the brakes, or withing a day it should be normal. Mine was like that, but once the plating starts to wear off and it starts to breal in it should be normal. I didn't notice any effect even from teh first day, and all is good still today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.