Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had one of the best shops locally install the new Eibach Prokit springs and KYB G2s all the way around, they did a 4 wheel alignment, all is well with camber & alignment. Rides sightly stiffer, but all in all pretty smooth and there's a noticable improvement in cornering.

When I picked the car up, I noticed the car still seems to sit a bit higher in the front than the back. There is nw a 1 finger gap between the tire and the fendrwell, which is what I expected, but the front looks like 2. It doesn;t look bad, but from all the research I read here, all the spring/ shock combinations folks here have tried out, I was under the distinct impression you get a 1.1 inch drop in the front and a 1 inch rear.

My question is, why am I still sitting a bit higher in the front and is there anything I can do about that? Prolly not, but had to ask. Comments? Thanks fellas!

BTW, the avatar pic was just taken tonight since the installation. Not too great but it will have to do as a placehlder until I can take better shots in the daylight with my digital camera.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Front springs are bigger than rears. It can't be reversed there two different fitments.

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, shocks are not adjustable. As I mentioned, it isn't real blatant, but I sure noticed the difference, guess I 'll have to live with it as is. I'm reasonably sure they installed them correctly.

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO the Eibach's always look that way.
LOL!. Well, I'm sure hoping that's the case. I read about several others here who have the same or similar set up (Eibachs with non-adjustable shocks) and some said their cars sit a bit higher in front than back.

I'll ask the installer next week, but I suspect he'll say that's just how my car settled when they lowered it off the lift.

·
AKA Carlton I3anks
2,581 Posts
LOL!. Well, I'm sure hoping that's the case. I read about several others here who have the same or similar set up (Eibachs with non-adjustable shocks) and some said their cars sit a bit higher in front than back.

I'll ask the installer next week, but I suspect he'll say that's just how my car settled when they lowered it off the lift.
Yep, he's right thats exactly why i sold my eibachs, the back gives a nice drop but the fronts still look stock. Invest in a set of Koni struts and youll be satisfied.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i have a totally off topic question but very curious as to know .. is it a wise decision to put in kyb's instead of konis. As i have read on the forums a few members have experienced problems with the kyb shocks

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
All I can say is I also instaled a set of KYBs on my wife's ES300 and they have performed flawlessly. Smooth as OEM. And I'm not looking for what most of the Koni lovers here are. I can appreciate the recommendation to chage to Koni's but after just shelling out for these, I'm gonna stick with them as this set up was on my wish list, not a gotta do. If I have problems down the road, then I'll consider the Konis. I personally think no matter where you look, they are way overpriced. But it's a matter of what you want to do and spend.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i am not into getting my legend to race anywhere as long as the kyb's give me a smooth and an almost oem ride quality as well as dont leak any time soon i will be happy. I need to get my shocks changed really soon my whole car leans to the right (passenger side)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
the fronts sit higher because they are a stronger spring. they have more weight to hold up.. and they also have more weight to help them settle..

some spirited driving, then spirited sitting, should help you out a lil bit.
yes just a little bit

however i've seen eibachs settle as much as 3/4 an inch in 6 months.
just my deuce

·
A 15yr O.G. Owner!
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
complete eibach setup without adjustable shocks are whack. Thats why i ended up installing intrax fronts and eibach rear.
As I said above, it's really a matter of what you want your car to do, I'm cool with my combination choice and I do think the stance will settle in time.
'Whack' is a suggestive observation at best, but I hear ya.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
The front fender well is larger than the rear, so it will look that way unless you use adjustable coil-overs to create an aggressive rake. As a matter of fact, I have a slight rake on Eibach and Koni (lower front perch), and it's still not enough to equalize the fender gaps.

·
Registered
309 Posts
As I said above, it's really a matter of what you want your car to do, I'm cool with my combination choice and I do think the stance will settle in time.
'Whack' is a suggestive observation at best, but I hear ya.
When i said "whack" i am referring to the rear looking lower than the front. It is not a personal preferrence because no one wants the rears looking lower than the front on any legend. Maybe if you were an off road truck then u might want a higher front. The springs will settle in, but it wont be a noticable difference, the front will still look higher than the rears.

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
FWIW, eibachs in my boy's old 2k2 maxima did the same thing-rears were lower than fronts..... (it seems like an eibach thing)

·
The Infamous Left Lane
2,313 Posts
I went to sears and asked about the eibach springs and they told me they dont make them for my car is this true or false... iwas thinking of puttin eibach rear springs but didn't know what kind of fronts to put

1 - 20 of 32 Posts