Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight guys i want yall to see some pics of my intake i just made its a CAI i made it right after the meet i had with kevon and everyone else that came . i can feel a real difference when i drive it has alot more kick and i beat a lexus gs today also on barrett parkway. kevon might have saw me im not sure. i was on the phone with him when i was racin him though. anyways here are the pics tell me what yall think. its an actually intake pipe mounted together by a 3in couplin bought at home depot. the top pic is the over head view of it and bottom is the pic of the filter you can see it through the wires im makin a mesh grill for it tommorrow so no rocks and stuff fly throw the fog light hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very nice,

I built my CAI/RAM setup from parts I got at good old Home Depot too. Since I have factory fogs, I had to move the ram scoop more towards the center of the bumper. Its actually right below the license plate. Three inch tubing goes from the scoop, behind the fogs, and into the fender. It connects to the factory airbox which has a K+N filter. It works quite good although I havn't had a chance to actually measure the improvements yet. When I do some testing I am going to compare it to a cone filter. I am interested in finding out if there is really an advantage to the cone style.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got a question for yall. um as you see in my pic where my filter is. im leavin the foglight cover off do i need an AEM bypass filter just incase water and all that or is that not needed. or should i just put the foglight cover back on? w/o the cover the filter gets a direct flow of air from outside givin me more power

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
wTnLeGeNd said:
got a question for yall. um as you see in my pic where my filter is. im leavin the foglight cover off do i need an AEM bypass filter just incase water and all that or is that not needed. or should i just put the foglight cover back on? w/o the cover the filter gets a direct flow of air from outside givin me more power
you don't HAVE to get it, but as a safety measure, I would do it...it gets pretty bad in ATL at times.

It is arguably not a necessity, but my thing is better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was give a long cold air intake from another vehicle and i just cut it and put it together i dont know what car though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts