Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier today I was shopping for cars to buy on a wholesale level and ended up at a high school lot were people park their private party cars for sale.

This lady pulled up in her 91 Legend L coupe automatic. It looked decent and had 202000 miles with a new water pump and belt at 180K, a few past accidents had been repaired and it has a clean title. Interior show's obvious wear but every thing works. She was asking $2500 and I offered her $1000.00 just for giggles. :giggle: To my surprise, she accepted my offer. I wasn't planning to buy a high mile coupe so I'm curious to see if any one else would of jumped on it as well?

· Road Trip King
4,700 Posts
Yes. I'd have picked it up in a second, given that it's not a rust bucket, it doesn't overheat, and that the body's in decent shape. Sounds like you got a killer deal. Post some pics!

I picked up my '91 L coupe for $700 and it cleaned up nicely. In fact, I sold it for $900 two months later after getting a BHG. Still lost money on the deal somehow though (had done other maintenance to the car while it was running good).

· dealer-opted track pack
3,469 Posts
Like Tyson said, you may have found a pot of gold ;P
Good luck with her.

As a side note: the omnipresence of these $1,000 deals devalues our rides.
Some asshat offered me 5k for my ride a while back.

k.h.

· 805 YO
459 Posts
khoerling said:
Good luck with her.

k.h.
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
I cannot believe someone would only offer 5K. Sorry to laugh but that just seems rediculous considering how good your car looks.

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4cruizn said:
Yes. I'd have picked it up in a second, given that it's not a rust bucket, it doesn't overheat, and that the body's in decent shape. Sounds like you got a killer deal. Post some pics!

I picked up my '91 L coupe for $700 and it cleaned up nicely. In fact, I sold it for $900 two months later after getting a BHG. Still lost money on the deal somehow though (had done other maintenance to the car while it was running good).
I'm getting the car tomorrow, I'll post some pic's Monday.

Well I guess that legend owners like us know a deal when we see a legend for cheap. :D

I was involved in a frond-end accident a few months back in my 93 4dr L. Some Idiot tow truck driver wasn't able to make a corner turn and stopped in the middle of the intersection. My fault but, who would have thought the guy would come to a complete stop in an intersection? I ran right into the huge part of the lift that slides under the car's being towed. :mad: The crash broke a headlight light, pushed in the other light creased the hood and scared the bumper. I had just finished a Sushi Dinner with friends and had two large sake's. Although I was not intoxicated, I didn't think that I needed to chance any thing by talking to the cop's so I chalked it up to bad luck took it like a man and went on my way.

Good thing I was in a legend. Only God knows what could have occurred if I was in another type of car :confused:

Now I'm thinking of swapping parts from the coupe to my sedan than selling the coupe. What do you think about that?

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
khoerling said:
Good luck with her.

k.h.
Sorry, I can agree that a $1000 purchase will in any way affect the value of your or any clean nicely well kept Legend. Be sides, this coupe is rough and is in need a whole bunch the TLC. With 202K any thing can go wrong.

I've been attempting to find some parts to fix my 93 at salvage yards and the prices out outrageous! I figured it was worth the $1000 just for the parts.

· Registered
186 Posts
YOU GOT A SWEET DEAL.. Since you do have high mileage tho, you should definetly do an engine swap than you can keep her for 10+ years. On Ebay and if you google things in for acura legend I came up with a 2nd generation engine 230HP with only 80k miles on it for $1,000.. So for the price you pay plus the extra 1,000 you got a sweet legend for $2,000!

· Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New sale price $900.00.

I paid for the Legend yesterday and wouldn't you know it, the car wouldn't start. It would turn over but not run. The seller had experienced this before and said that if we let it sit for a while it would start. I told her to give me a $100 and I would take it even if it had to be towed. I went for lunch, came back and it started right up.

At 198000 it was serviced with a timing belt, water pump, tensioner bearing, seals, Trans mount and drive axel. In March they put on new tires along with new brakes.

Some guy smashed into my little brothers Lexus so; I'm letting him borrow it until his car is repaired. I'll have him bring it by so I can take a couple pictures to post.

For having over 200K miles it runs great :D I'm not to sure what to do :confused:

· Registered
912 Posts
SOunds great, I woudl have been on top of that in half a heart beat if the motor wasn't ran to death. But it sounds like you have a great deal. My 91 ls coupe has 256,000 on it now..... and wow, still so solid and every thing is original. Except for of corse the timing belt water pump, cv axel, VSS all the usual wear and tear and maintenance ;) . Let us now how it is. Can't wait to see pics :D

Chris (Mr. Wood)

Frost on Ivory

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.