Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting on I75 North from the 120 loop and I merged with traffic at about 80 mph. There was this yellow M coupe beside me and he passed me on the right, there was pretty heavy traffic. He weaved in and out of traffic at about 90 and I was easily able to keep up with him. Then there was an opening and he took off... the M coupe is much more responsive than my Legend but I was able to keep up respectively at about 110. We then took the 575 N exit and I followed him around the turn going about 110, I was about 5 car lengths behind the whole time. We hit the 575 straitaway where I proceeded to open it up. I wasn't able to catch him, and he got off at Barret Pkwy and flashed his lights at me as I sped by still at WOT. I think I hit 130-135.
This was my first highway race with my Legend coupe and overall I am impressed at how fast I went from 100-130mph. I definatley had more pull coming, but I slowed down. I was a little unstable at high speed going around turns, (probably inexperience), but it was an adrenilne rush to say the least..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Like I always say, the Legend is a highway monster. I was able to keep up well even with a 530i, and even an Audi. No problem. The Legend is designed for high RPM driving and highway is what this is all about!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought my wife an M Roadster last year. I can keep up above 50 or so with my 91 5 speed. She smokes me out of the hole...rear wheel drive, more low RPM torque, more (250) HP. My car is much quieter and obviously bigger. We change cars regularly and neither does any complaining. Love my Legend!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
WHAT I'VE FOUND OUT ABOUT G2s

While a stock G2 kicks major butt on the highway. I've found that a G2 with a STOCK SUSPENSION set-up does not handle very well above 100 m.p.h. when there are road irregularities. But, with some suspension changes they handle as if they are on rails ( hope you guys know what that means ). Peace and Blessings. Bigs out. Oh by the way I've had a 1991 Rosewood Brown G2 coupe running at 140 m.p.h.:D

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: WHAT I'VE FOUND OUT ABOUT G2s

Mr. Bigs said:
While a stock G2 kicks major butt on the highway. I've found that a G2 with a STOCK SUSPENSION set-up does not handle very well above 100 m.p.h. when there are road irregularities. But, with some suspension changes they handle as if they are on rails ( hope you guys know what that means ). Peace and Blessings. Bigs out. Oh by the way I've had a 1991 Rosewood Brown G2 coupe running at 140 m.p.h.:D
Your right, the G2 typeI sedan on stock suspensions handles like a boat.:(

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Re: Re: WHAT I'VE FOUND OUT ABOUT G2s

WhiteLegend said:

Your right, the G2 typeI sedan on stock suspensions handles like a boat.:(
Do the coupe and the sedan have different suspensions? Is there a difference between type 1 and Type 2 suspensions setups?

There was some used car lot in Toronto that was selling a 92 legend coupe "sport edition"... LOL

I laughed at the guy because when I asked what made it the sport edition, he said it was because of the spoiler and the suspension.... sure buddy.... smoke another one:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: Re: Re: WHAT I'VE FOUND OUT ABOUT G2s

Mckenzie91 said:

Do the coupe and the sedan have different suspensions? Is there a difference between type 1 and Type 2 suspensions setups?

There was some used car lot in Toronto that was selling a 92 legend coupe "sport edition"... LOL

I laughed at the guy because when I asked what made it the sport edition, he said it was because of the spoiler and the suspension.... sure buddy.... smoke another one:rolleyes:
I think the coupe had a tighter suspension than the sedan in all the years. Then the GS sedan in 94-95 had upgraded suspensions too.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
well, the sedan handles well, surprisingly stock, about as well as the coupe IMO (I had a reminder a month ago), but there is nothing like a suspension modded LEgend...DO IT, and YOU WILL NEVER GO BACK.

My coupe felt uneasy on stock rims/suspension over 95mph
Handled better with Eibachs and rims up to 120....
Now, take it up to the max with confidence.
Sedan, 90-95 tops, stock.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
What kind of suspension do you recommend for a GS Legend with 17" Rims...

I don't really want to drop it because it scrapes everywhere right now.. always being very careful... when I back out of my driveway it only clears about 1inch off the front as I back out of the slant!

This could be because I'm riding on 15"s right now though. What do you think/recommend?

·
Registered
386 Posts
RIMS, TIRES AND SUSPENSION SET-UP!!!!!!

I agree with Leon ( LEGENDZ-4-LIFE ). You should go with the ground-control and koni set-up. The ground-controls will allow you to tailor your cars ride height to your liking while the konis will handle the ride qualities ( along with the ground-controls ). I know this sounds crazy to you since you are already scraping on 15 inch rims but, if you have a G2 legend in my opinion 18 inch rims with the right off set will give you look, ride, and handeling you would kill for. Since Leon is already rolling on 18 and has no problems with rubbing on his G2 coupe. Maybe he can give you some pointers as to what to do and what not to do to in order for you to get the look and ride you are looking for. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.:)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
the 4-doors actually have a stiffer suspension but i still dont think it handles better but it does handle surprisingley good. For ANY legend i would do the koni and eibachs or H&R's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts