Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smoked him :D. Damn I love racing :cool:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were both sitting at a stop light right before you get on the onramp to the beginning of 520 on redmond way in Redmond, WA. There was a Ford Focus in between us, and I nor him ever even thought of racing eachother. The light turns green and he accelerates somewhat quickly, by no means like he was looking for a race though. I pass the focus and see that the IS300 is acclerating pretty quickly so I decide to as well, and next thing I know I'm at WOT and I can tell that he must be too so now we both no that its on. I look back in my rear view mirror (by this time going about 80) and the Focus is trying to keep up ;) haha, forget it. Anyways, so its just us, and I look ahead and I'm like WOW!!!! like 2 cars in sight and its wide open freeway with a big uphill turn coming up. The first part is a long stretch of 2 lane freeway where we both got up to about 100. We accelerated almost completely evenly to 90MPH, then after that I started gaining on him. By the time we hit the turn left I was going 110 and I just started passing him. It was completely on, and I was totally into it. Never once let up on the gas. So I just look in my mirror and watched him drastically fall back but I could tell that he was still accelerating. Now I'm going 130 and I go another turn (damn my new Konis and Eibachs are sweet :D) and I can't see him, so I decided to end the race, plus cops scare me when I'm driving that fast. And this was a regular freeway in the city :eek:. I see him come around the turn still driving very fast and I flashed my hazards to let him know that I was done as well, he was flashing his brights. I'm mean while laughing cause I just had so much fun. I slowed down to like 60 and he drives up on me and matches my speed and we both give eachother a mutual smile and a nod, he has a girl in his car with him too, and she was smiling as well (pretty hot girl :)).

Just wanted to let you guys in on my fun ;). BTW, this was at like 8:20 just as the sun was going down and it was sunny and nice so it was like perfect time to race.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i still have yet to race one of those... i usually see girls driving them here... i at least wanna meet a 5-speed, so itd be more of a challenge...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure this one was a manual. At least that is what it seemed like from the way he was acclerating at first (since he didn't know we were going to race). You could see the way the car would kinda slow for a sec and then pick up again. Then again he could have just been letting off the gas and then stepping on it again. We may never know. The car was quick though, just not as fast as me. I really wish that we knew we were going to race that way we could have started out from a slower speed than like 40MPH, because that way I could have seen what the low end of those things is like. I have a CAI though and that is about the only speed mod to my car other than my z-rated tires.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
SpeedDemon have you driven a manual transmission car? Today I tried out a 95 Prelude BASE model, yes with 135HP only, but DAMNN, that thing felt fast, sure my Legend is faster, but the lude felt so much faster and exhilirating because of the shifting, nothing like hearing the ENGINE ROAR as you reach high rpms through the 5 gears...

I was shocked, those things have like 140lbs of torque i think, and felt fast! I was with my uncle at the time, on the freeway home, we tested the Legend a lil, went from 65-100 in NO time, but was very quiet ride...I wonder what a 6-SPEED Legend is like.. mmm.... I want one!! Sweeet!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I've driven a manual transmission car :p. I learned in my Aunts 2001 Toyota MR2 Spyder when it had like 1000 miles on it :D. Other manual cars that I've driven: G1 Legend Coupe (thanks Bryan ;)), Nissan Truck, Ford Focus ZX3, among a few others that I have had to move around the Auto Body shop at school and taken out for test drives :).

Just about all my other friends have automatics like me. Most kids my age like me end up either being given or sold their cars from a relative so not much choice is left to it being an auto or manual.

·
Registered
847 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
SpeedDemon have you driven a manual transmission car? Today I tried out a 95 Prelude BASE model, yes with 135HP only, but DAMNN, that thing felt fast, sure my Legend is faster, but the lude felt so much faster and exhilirating because of the shifting, nothing like hearing the ENGINE ROAR as you reach high rpms through the 5 gears...
should try the Impreza's 2.5RS or WRX manual then... It's so aggresive that you feel the car is over taking you:D

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think u just feel the road more with the lude and the engine is louder

It feels awesome in a vtec, It's a drivers car for sure. I'm gonna miss my si. Whenever anyone is with me in the prelude they think I'm a wreckless driver and yell at me to slow down at the turn, I feel magnetic to the ground in that car. I put that car through hell, makes me wonder how the original buyers of the car got5 such a good deal on a car that is still not outdated looking/performing, just like the legend. there was no good competition looks/performance/reliability for that car at the time in that price range, except mr-2 turbo. Celica was lost in looks/perf, same with 240sx, eclips had perf but no looks,mx- 6 lost in perf, but has pretty good looks, probe had nothing, the muscle cars lacked in looks/quality of workmanship. the 3upra,and 300zx were double the price so......the lude was a damn good buy at the time, crx too but looks kinda faded with time, all my opinions though, anyone see the new diamonte the front looks like the lude and so does the back.

·
Registered
655 Posts
your unc should really consider a h22 swap

it will be worth it since the looks of the car will last a long time,lots of bodykits (saw a lude wit andys kit and custom vents and it reminded me of the supra), v.,good aftermarket, very possible 0-60 under 6 sec naturally aspirated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.