Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a g1 sedan gold with 184k? miles on it. i believe i have the common rocker clicking sound and was wondering if i should seafoam with the current milage. also can i do the clear turn signals in the back with my car?? also what is the bolt pattern for the rims in case i see some nice ones on craigslist or something in the future. Hello forum folks, my name is tony and i live in the bay area cali. ne locals nears fremont/newark or milpitas/union city area people???

·
Registered
352 Posts
i havent done it yet but theres a DIY on the clear signals...

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Tony!

The bolt pattern is 4x114.3

Not 100% sure, but I don't think the 89-90 tails can be cleared out. It would also look a bit odd with the trunk amber/red plastic strip...

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Welcome. Sorry to say this, but the 89 and 90 Legends can't clear out the rear corner lights. You should try smoking them out.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
^ I keep forgetting about your painted tails. I still love how they look.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah ive seen your update on the red out. looks clean details on how to please. i should really do a tranny flush and the solenoid cleanings.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I've never done a Seafoam or AutoRX treatment, however I have seen almost nothing but positive feedback and results from people who have. If the lifter tick bothers you, then yes I think it would be worth the effort. Just make sure you follow the directions precisely!

Bolt pattern: 4 x 114.3

Unfortunately, the 89 and 90 sedans have different tail lights and centre valances than the older sedans so we can't clear them out. There are many alternatives though! You can either red them out (Beeze) or smoke them (many of us have done this) or who knows what else.

If your centre valance sticks out, you may want to remove it and make sure there's no debris in there. Also check to see that it hasn't spilt at the seams... that may be causing it. Definitely don't remove that gasket though--that keeps a ton out water out of your trunk!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Welcome aboard Tony... :yes: +1 on Seafoam engine treatment, and should rid of your valve lifter ticking annoyance almost instantly. It's a semi-annual procedure in my part :thumbsup:

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Yup either 1/3 or 1/2. Hey you should join us at the meet we're having next week for the NorCal!'s!!

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
welcome...and as for the seafoam treatment:
i say a big no no.
thats if your gonna pour it in the crankcase.
for the crankcase you should use engine restore.
that worked for me.

i used seafoam and it ate one or two of my connecting rods out!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hmmm well actually i dumped some engine restore in like about an oil change ago. and i recently just changed my oil. any other additives i can add that have had less severe mishaps??

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
ehh...i heard marvel mystery oil is crap.
lucas oil stabilizer is okay...but too thick imo.
some product called z-max or x-max something like that i heard nothing but bad stuff.

stp oil treatment imo is just a band-aid...a thick A$$ oil bandaid.

i've always used engine restore and it seemed pretty good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was thinkn of puttin in seafoam into my gas tank and brake booster right before i do my next oil change along with dumping in some engine restore 6 cylinder formula after. what oil should i use for my high milage engine. i currently use 1030w regular motor oil typically chevron. any suggestions or critiques?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
I usually use Valvoline Maxlife 10w-40.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts