Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With some advice from the meet on Sat, I went ahead and touched up my side moldings. I used Kiwi black shoe polish, and damn they look good, almost like new. Just apply and buff and you are all set.. I have to wait to see how it holds up to the rain, but it shouldn't be too problematic. If your moldings are faded, give it a try.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah, I don't think you really need masking tape, I got a little on my paint and it just rubbed right off. After all, the shoe polish is basically a wax, it shouldn't have any effect on your paint. I just used a paper towel to apply it. For the small spots next to the paint I folded it and used the edge to apply.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think there talking about the trim around the car you know the one that runs along the door N-E ways I have a question how do you get the old fading look off the plastic part in between the windos on our sedans I think the coupes have it too:D :D

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
good question i would like to know also, painting is always an option i guess but if there is another way i would like to know..i just painted my winshield wiper arms with trim paint and the dranage place under the windshield cuase there was alittle rust there and the wiper are were worn and u could see some metal and that turned out awesome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.