Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
Joined
·
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was working on the pool and apparently my went hands were touching both my large metal filter and the switch, which caused the electricity to pass right through me. hurt like a bitch and was short of breath when i pulled away. from now on, im using a pvc stick to control the power...

Anyone else ever seriously shocked themselves before?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,186 Posts
i cant remember being shocked on accident, but i have shocked myself and been tazed by a friend. I remember as a kid we use to see how long we could hold a grip on the electrical fence thing at my friends house. It was small voltage, enough to keep the dogs in, we couldnt ever hold it for more than a couple seconds.

the being tazed thing, well, lets just say, it was high school, we were baked out of our minds, and my friend had a stun gun, so we wanted to see how it feels on our arms. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,104 Posts
i grew up on a farm, ive been shocked by livestock electric fence many times. I once accidentally touched a metal gate that was wet and had a broken wire touching it ( i am not sure how much power was going through it it was the white wires used for household outlets). hurt like a mother luckly i wasn't clasping it or i probably would have gotten stuck.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,692 Posts
i cant remember being shocked on accident, but i have shocked myself and been tazed by a friend. I remember as a kid we use to see how long we could hold a grip on the electrical fence thing at my friends house. It was small voltage, enough to keep the dogs in, we couldnt ever hold it for more than a couple seconds.

the being tazed thing, well, lets just say, it was high school, we were baked out of our minds, and my friend had a stun gun, so we wanted to see how it feels on our arms. :lol:


Never done that but I watched someone get tazed in my backyard not that long ago and it did not look fun! (no, i do not live in the ghetto.)

The worst I've ever been shocked is by a light switch that I was messing with.
 

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Joined
·
9,302 Posts
I stuck a fork in the outlet. Oh man, what a feeling lol. My hair stood up after getting shocked.
 

·
because i can.
Joined
·
10,163 Posts
Once got shocked by Christmas lights...

but that was nothing compared to the time that I pulled a bad plug wire on my grandfather's car, and at the exact same time, he for some reason thought I told him to start it....well lets just say that the human body is a pretty good conductor.... :lol:
 

·
difficult to kill
Joined
·
710 Posts
wow $70 is so worth it
 

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
Joined
·
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: im glad i wasnt the only one suprised by the price. haha might have to pick one up. ask me for change or cigarette on the side of the road, thats a tazin
Simpsons said:
Talking out of turn...that's a paddling. Looking out the window...that's a paddling. Staring at my sandals...that's a paddling. Paddling the school canoe...ooh, you better believe that's a paddling.
 

·
Stop eyeballin' me, dawg!
Joined
·
1,166 Posts
I've lit myself up a few times, nothing major. Once was with the power strip for a mobile PA system (strip had a detachable back... when I grabbed it, i found out that the back was detached, got a good zap... had to sit down for a minute). Once I tried to strip an 10 gauge stinger amp cable that was direct connected to the battery using a pocket knife. And just recently I was relocating a light switch, wasn't thinking, grabbed it by the guts of the switch rather than the box... my dad laughed at me and said, "Looks like it's got continuity!". Shortly after that I got an MRI for odd shooting pains in my skull. :lol:
 

·
Insert key, crank, BHG.
Joined
·
4,377 Posts
Surprisingly, all the shotty electrical work I've done in my car hasn't gotten me electrocuted. Disconnecting the battery scares me a lot more than touching 5A wires. I got shocked real bad once installing a CRT monitor. Was setting it up on a carpet and I had one hand on top of the monitor and the other plugging in the VGA cable. The cable zaps me and it goes through my body and static electricity carries the charge down into the monitor. I got crazy tunnel vision and came real close to passing out.

Accidentally put my index and middle finger on the prongs of a plug while pulling it out once too. Didn't hurt too much but it made my arm spaz out for a few seconds.
 

·
The Great White North
Joined
·
813 Posts
Had an uncovered light switch in the basement when i was younger.
it was dark and i went to turn on the light, missed the switch and my finger went inside the... thing?
Anyways it shot up my arm and felt pretty numb for a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,601 Posts
Too many times to count..... lets see....
1. I put invisible fence collar that was on a Black Lab around my neck and ran through the fence.... i dropped instantly and pissed myself, for a $20 dare. My friends loved that..

2. I was running a powerwire for an amp in my CR-V 2 years ago and my friend hooked it up to the battery with the fuse still in it and the wire still in my hand without me knowing.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...... and as soon as i touched the car trying to run the wire through the door sill. That was painful.

3. I got tazed in 8th grade when there was this 2 week long fad of kids bringing tazers into school. I got one to the bare back while changing after gym. knocked me out for 2 minutes. That hurt like a bitch....... kid got expelled

There are more but too tired to list...
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top