Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some of the forms, and saw that the egr valve could be bypassed. I need a new one, it has a leak in it. I can't really afford a new one at the moment. Does bypassing it work, does it still cause a pcm-fi light, and how do you do it.

thanks

· Registered
638 Posts
if its leaking you can disable it by cutting a solid piece of metal i the shape of the gasket. put it on the intake manifold end. this will stop the leak into your engine but wont stop the error for it. i havent had a egr fail before and dont know if it would put a pgm-fi code off, i disabled it to get cooler air.

Try taking the egr valve off and cleaning around the plunger type thing inside, it lifts up to let air in and somtimes gets dirty and wont close all the way, there is a sensor on top that tells it the lift is wrong so it puts off a code. you can suck on the hose to make the plunger move up for cleaning.

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cigarettcancerman said:
if its leaking you can disable it by cutting a solid piece of metal i the shape of the gasket. put it on the intake manifold end. this will stop the leak into your engine but wont stop the error for it. i havent had a egr fail before and dont know if it would put a pgm-fi code off, i disabled it to get cooler air.

Try taking the egr valve off and cleaning around the plunger type thing inside, it lifts up to let air in and somtimes gets dirty and wont close all the way, there is a sensor on top that tells it the lift is wrong so it puts off a code. you can suck on the hose to make the plunger move up for cleaning.
Thanks i'll try that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.