Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I have one. I've had for about a year now and haven't had any major problems. I clean it once every few thousand miles when the red oil starts to turn black with dirt.

The only problem I did have was my throttle body appeared to be dirty a few weeks after install. But it could have already been dirty beforehand since that was my first time cleaning it. Also I've seen dirty throttle bodies on friends' cars that didn't have K&N's.

The gas mileage has increased a little, but I did a custom CAI when I installed the filter (screen as some guys call it lol) so the slight mpg increase could be due to the CAI.

There is an interesting thread on here comparing filter types, but I'm not sure how many people on here actually use/used a K&N.

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
Dont get it....K&N ftl....get a dry flow (Non-oiled) filter or just stick to paper...

The K&N has increased airflow at the cost of DECREASED filtration (and filtration really IS the name of the game)....been discussed on here in detail a few times....verdict is the K&N is no good for any vehicle....

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hi:

I'm the K&N-is-just-a-screen guy. The guys telling you to stay away from the K&N are correct. They are wise beyond their years, gentlemen and scholars all. The crud in the throttle body is all the telling evidence needed.

Dave

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
yep, dry filter is the way to go. increased air flow w/o the decreased filtration.

K&N is now ricer trash, it fits in with the euro tails and giant wings. just another thing for ricers to say they have...

·
Registered
822 Posts
Are the dry flows for CAIs or do they have them for the stock intake too?

if so where do you get them?

ive been looking to replace my K&N since i got it and read here they suck. ( ordered it then found out the truth... and rather than completey waste the money..... i figured id leave it in til it needed cleaning then ditch it and its about that time)

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
I'd say when you are done with it, clean it and sell on ebay or craigslist....there are plenty of non-forum members out there that would probably want it....might as well get something...

AFAIK there are very few specific applications out there for the AEM dryflow...I had to get a generic conical filter....

·
Registered
375 Posts
I put a K&N on the 2000 Suburban we used to have and I was not happy at all. No increase in MPG and I thought it negatively affected midrange power. I'd spend your money on something else.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.