Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why the **** dont they make a K&N filter for the factory air box for the G1 legends. Thats the type of **** that pisses me off! Anyone know where i can find one?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How so? Im not following you. If you are refering to my language, Im not sure how that is answering my own question. Please explain. I was angry at the time, didnt mean to offend anyone.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want sure if it was just where I was looking for one, or if somone else knew more about it then I did. Jeez, sorry I asked.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
At least you know that K&N doesn't make one. There might be another "copy-cat" company that makes one. You're assignment: Find that company.

If you really want a K&N-type filter, maybe you should consider one of those cold-air intakes? That way you'll be able to use one of those cone shaped air filters.

You really need to calm down. You still angry about trying to get your dashboard apart?:)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I got a great link to a legend site with everything any G1 and G2 owner could want. An excellent picture by picture instruction page really helps. I really dont mean to come off as an angry a-hole. Im a relativly calm guy, some things just frustrate me. G1 legends deserver more credit and after market parts than they get. Its all about the money to these companys, thats the way it work. Not enough G1s out there I guess. Its getting better though. I think I will check into cold air intakes, That seems to be my best bet. thanks man:)

·
Registered
444 Posts
chuck give us the link!!!
------------------------------

the only air filter i know of for a G1 is BOSCH round straight. but then i think those are pretty much universal...

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can you check on that link...it did not work....

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dont use the link I guess, just type it in.

·
Registered
583 Posts
No stock K&N

Chuck-Hu$tle:
In an effort to conserve space and if your up to a non box filter check out my K&N in the performance forum under Intake thread.
Sometimes if they don't make it, we have to.
Hope it helps,
bukowski=legend

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. I think its actually a little more fun to have hard to find parts for my car. not like a civic where parts grow on trees. We need to hunt high and low, and in this case build our own parts. Thats what sets us apart from other car owners. I will check it out, thanks.:D

·
Registered
444 Posts
buk!

bukowski!!!

i just read thet thread under performance...

you cheap bastard... you're a genius!!!

you got any more mods under your sleeves?

do you have your own website w/ these mods? it'd be a good idea...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Geehez Man, now you got me all blushin an crap... :D
Got more on the way. Waiting on the weather.
Future plans include:
Weld up new larger exhaust, thinking 2 3/4 from the manifold back. .... Thoughts on x-ing the Cat or high flow Cat?
Making Strut Stress Bars
Installing Intrax springs, and Tokicos I just got a great deal on
... from www.cyberauto.com $497.00 shipped<cheap (but well deserved) plug
:D

Lookin out for cool set of (Cheap/Used) 17/18 wheels

Gonna do lots more, but keeping it under wraps so as not to sound like an "I'm Gonna...", I'd rather be a "Hey, Look at this..."

BTW the exhaust is gonna flow better than a Flowmaster and only cost $125.00 if I dump the Cat...
:D
I'll tell you how after I make it work.
I really dig this forum and will keep all up to date on
my G1

·
Registered
444 Posts
glad your with us legendary...

if its cool i'll make a site with your mods (under your name of course) so it'll be easier for all of us... all it'll be is a cut n paste site really. i probably viewed that thread under mods about ten times.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mods Page

It's cool with me. I use the net well, but never played with pages etc.

I'm going to try to take some close up photos of the install for some of the folks. If you want we can continue off thread, just Email me at [email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts