Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me how to remove the bumper on a 94-95 ka8?

here's my problem, i'm replacing my bumper and when i was unscrewing it, there's a couple of screws under the head light that i can't get to. now, i thought i'd remove the headloght first but there's 3 screws on the headlight at the bottom that i can't get to. so, how do you remove the headlight without taking the bumper off or how do you remove the bumper without taking the headlight off. it's an enigma!
someone please help. :confused:
thanx

-j

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry for the ignorance but can you tell me exactly where these bolts are? also, what about the screws that are on top of the bumper under the headlights? aren't they used to keep the bumper on?
-j

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
aiznpride said:
sorry for the ignorance but can you tell me exactly where these bolts are? also, what about the screws that are on top of the bumper under the headlights? aren't they used to keep the bumper on?
-j
Those screws are used to hold the bumper cover on the bumper beam. You do not need to remove those screws unless you want to remove the plastic cover from the actual metal bumper. To remove teh Coupes bumper, since you have a 94-95, you use a long phillips screwdriver to remove the bumper turn signal lens. No need to remove the foglight cover on the 94-95 Coupes. Then you remove teh 4 10mm bolts on the bottom of the bumper cover splash shield. Then you remove the two large plastic push in type screws toward the middle section of the same plastic under shield. Then, through the hole left from removing the bumper turn signals, you will see the 12mm bolt that holds the bumper in place. For the Coupes there are only 2 total. One on each side. The Sedan actually has 4. Once you remove those 2 bolts, you simple slide the entire assembly off the fender guide and off the car.

·
L4K3R5 F4N
1,205 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. I just removed the bumper on my sedan to get to my headlights this past weekend. I've never actually had to remove the bumper on my coupe and just assumed it was the same between the two.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ChrisK said:

Those screws are used to hold the bumper cover on the bumper beam. You do not need to remove those screws unless you want to remove the plastic cover from the actual metal bumper. To remove teh Coupes bumper, since you have a 94-95, you use a long phillips screwdriver to remove the bumper turn signal lens. No need to remove the foglight cover on the 94-95 Coupes. Then you remove teh 4 10mm bolts on the bottom of the bumper cover splash shield. Then you remove the two large plastic push in type screws toward the middle section of the same plastic under shield. Then, through the hole left from removing the bumper turn signals, you will see the 12mm bolt that holds the bumper in place. For the Coupes there are only 2 total. One on each side. The Sedan actually has 4. Once you remove those 2 bolts, you simple slide the entire assembly off the fender guide and off the car.
Chris, you da man! thanx man!
-j

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.