Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2,873 Posts
**** thats scary, i never realised that someone could d/l my inbox.dbx files and other personal stuff. Is there any way to protect against this?

·
Registered
447 Posts
KAzaa and Audio Galaxy Both use SPyware. Read a longggggggg article about it.

1st story about Kazaa

http://www.poenews.com/stories/11535.html

Kaspersky Labs, an international data-security software developer, announces the detection of the network worm "Worm.Kazaa.Benjamin" - the first malicious program to spread through the KaZaA file exchange network.

The KaZaA network is one of the most popular file exchange networks using Peer-to-Peer (P2P) technology. Millions of people from all around the world are active users of the network that allows them to quickly dig up files they seek (such as MP3 files) and give other users access to data contained on their own computers.

On an infected computer "Benjamin" creates a directory accessible to other users of the KaZaA network and regularly copies itself into this directory under a multitude of different names, the amount of which counts several thousand. When a network user conducts a search for a file under a name corresponding with one the worm's pseudonyms the unsuspecting user is given the chance to download it from the infected computer. Thus, this is how Benjamin spreads itself through the KaZaA network.

used to know of another article about KAzaa and audio galaxy full of illegal spyware.

·
Registered
397 Posts
For the love of GOD, is there any way to stop this!???

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I also use WInMix. Do anyone know the low-down on it?

Also, use Norton Anti-Virus and its set to download the latest virus patterns every week automatically. This is what detected tbe file in my emails. If your protection is capable of updating itself, set it for weeky automatic update during a time in which you rarely is online (i.e. 4:00 am). Also set it to scan your computer frequently automatically. When your computer detects one delete it. Then delete the contents in your recycle bin. - Curb

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Get Kazaa & Audiogaaxy spyware free at....

vrb747 said:
www.kazaalite.com

U can get the spyware free versions. They work just as well as the originals.
Way to go dude........I downloaded the lite version initially. Last week while logging on they started notifying me (through pop-ups) that there was a newer (unlite) version available. So I downloaded that one. I think after I started using that one is the time a caught the virus now that I put 2 and 2 together. But I since went back to the lite version because the upgrade version had advertisement pop-ups. ( The lite version doesn't)......... So lesson here is .......If your using the lite version currently don't download the upgrade that pops-up upon login. -thanx vrb

·
Registered
701 Posts
Way to go dude........I downloaded the lite version initially. Last week while logging on they started notifying me (through pop-ups) that there was a newer (unlite) version available. So I downloaded that one. I think after I started using that one is the time a caught the virus now that I put 2 and 2 together. But I since went back to the lite version because the upgrade version had advertisement pop-ups. ( The lite version doesn't)......... So lesson here is .......If your using the lite version currently don't download the upgrade that pops-up upon login. -thanx vrb
True dat

Even if u do download the ****ty unlite original version, dont install it just delete it like a bad dream....

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
...or build a box *just* for Kazaa.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
back when i still used kazaa i decieded to see how much spyware it installed. so i uninstall kazaa, run the spyware search. then i install kazaa and run the spyware search again. well i found out that it installed 110 peices of spyware

i did the same with kazaa lite and it only installed 10!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts