Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just bought a 94 Legend L about 3 months ago and have loved all 4,000 miles I've driven it so far. The only thing I can't get used to is that such a great car doesn't come with a keyless entry system! I have looked at aftermarket systems but I really don't want to go that route. Someone is selling a full keyless entry system for a 98 Acura Integra new in the box. Would there be any way to wire this to the Legend? I'm not fluent in any technical stuff so I don't know if the wiring would be compatible or if it can be bypassed. Please let me know if anyone has any info on this. All I really want is keyless locking/unlocking/trunk release! Thanks!
- Mike

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have another question to add about the keyless entry, is there an OEM option available from Acura? How much does it cost? Or are we better off going aftermarket and getting a new motion-sensitive alarm/keyless entry?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been told...

I did go to the dealership to get an oil change and carwash so I asked if there was a keyless entry system available. They told me there was but it was over $200 for just locking/unlocking the doors. That didn't even open the trunk! Everyone has told me that it's better go to aftermarket and I really don't want to but if I have to I will.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes - The dealer Keyless is expensive and all it does is lock/unlock the doors and activate the factory alarm. However it is a simple plug in install (no wire cutting/splicing) that you do yourself in about 1/2 hour.

So you save on the install - that is unless you were going to install the aftermarket yourself.

I have the acura keyless on both of my legends.

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
GO AFTERMARKET!!!!

Go with an aftermarket alarm system that can also unlock and lock your doors. I have the Viper 300 ESP, It locks and unlocks my doors, has hood and trunk pins and starter kill. It is also one of the best values there is out there. I had it installed by the store that sold it to me for a total cost of $271 and this alarm is a great alarm. My dad liked it so much he had it put in his 93 LS coupe last night!!

PS: I just told my dad what I was typing and he said that if you get the oem one from Acura you are getting raped.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes I would agree that the Viper is a good deal.

On my second legend I got the acura keyless receiver from a junk yard for $40 and 1 transmitter from the dealer for $50. Self Install. Total cost $90.

Paying dealer list would have been a rip-off.

·
Registered
847 Posts
go with aftermarket, in case you don't know, I've just experienced how suck the OEM alarm is.....

Go with Viper if you want something simple, or clifford if you have the extra money and want the extra protection.

·
Registered
580 Posts
What about the Crimestopper units they sell on ebay???

·
Registered
847 Posts
Re: Zaino Skin Care?

Double Legend said:
Heard alot about Zanio - How would you rate it?
equal to none:D Makes your babe's skin as smooth as it can be~ I've tried many different brands of wax before I switched to Zaino. None left a shine like Zaino and none of them lasted as long as Zaino~ In fact, I haven't washed my car for a month because of school project etc. but the car still shines and reflects the sky. Remember, this is a arctic white car we are talking about here~ Light colored cars are not suppose to shine like that~ And, the wet look can't be beat:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
Re: Re: Zaino Skin Care?

claus44 said:

equal to none:D Makes your babe's skin as smooth as it can be~ I've tried many different brands of wax before I switched to Zaino. None left a shine like Zaino and none of them lasted as long as Zaino~ And, the wet look can't be beat:D
Ok - Ok That's All You had to Say -
I'm a Shine Freak (And my newer Legend is light which make things more difficult)

I've been very happy with Meguires Gold Class but all I needed was any excuse to try Zainos.
TTHANKS

·
Registered
8 Posts
OEM Keyless not working

I have a OEM keyless entry for my 99 RL. Small red at the top of the unit blinks so I know its not a battery issue. On each button press, none of the functions work (lock/unlock/trunk).

Any ideas for troubleshooting this?

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
I have a OEM keyless entry for my 99 RL. Small red at the top of the unit blinks so I know its not a battery issue. On each button press, none of the functions work (lock/unlock/trunk).

Any ideas for troubleshooting this?
Try to reprogram it.

·
Fut RIP
10,147 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts