Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
I'll post this here because this forum is, IMO, one of the best on the web.

bought 94 accord wagon.
came with one key. works perfect on passenger lock and hatch lock.
drivers lock is impossible and ignition switch is next to impossible. I'm assuming car was broken into at some point and drivers lock and ignition lock were changed.

question is, how in the hell am I going to figure out what the key #'s for the drivers door and ignition switch are?

thanks

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at honda they pulled the key code from the VIN, and cut a new key with a computerized key cutter, without using the old worn key as a template. very impressive, I had never seen anything like this.

anyways, it works perfectly now.

thanks.

· Registered
4 Posts
Try this... it happened to my 93 Legend Coupe.
Its always been fine, and then 1 day when my mom drives, she said key can't turn...
I came home, try, no problem. Anyway, put some WD40 in there... feels smooth to me...

then 1 day, I know what she mean... insert key and cannot turn... finally, I turn the steering wheel (yes, its not suppose to turn, but you can turn a tiny bit if you turn it hard...) then try key again... if doesn't work, turn steering wheel the other way, and retry....

hope it helps,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.