Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
sounds like a good idea, as long as things don't go overboard, hehe, and as long as we have enough posts to make it worthwhile, why not?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
LoL good point, anyways, a lot of Legend owners really don't even engage in any sort of on the street competition. Which is good, less chance of putting lives in danger and whatnot.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I noticed that all the civic, integra, and accord pages have these kill story posts. In my honest opinion, I dont think it would be doing any good for these forums. From what I read on the other sites, basically it is just a breeding ground for pointless arguments, insults, "import vs. domestic" disputes, and condisending and degrading remarks. The reason I say this is, is because the people who own camaros and mustangs often frequent the kill story topics, and pipe up and say "my 300hp camaro can whoop your ricey ______ (insert car) anyday." Well DUHHHHH.... Civics with a 4 banger can barely compete with a V6 legend, let alone a V8 Lt1 camaro. Then its on from there as the import people say "f#$k you, get out of our site," and the domestic people say "its a free country ricer" and so on.

Go visit a site one day, and you will know what I mean. I have laughed my ass off reading pages of back and forth arguments between not only import vs. domestic, import vs. import owners...... the excitement is truly there...

I saw one guy who posted "I bet my accord can take any of your guys' cars, any day of the week". That was his whole post. Thats great... what a friendly bunch of people.... and sure enough, like 5 pages of back and forth bickering and fighting between the bunch.

This is my opinion on this issue and dont let it discourage anyone from buggin' the admin to get one started. I like the forums and the friendlyness of the people here...I dont mind reading the stories at all... and I actually think they are kinda exciting, but like I said, we would open ourselves up to trespassers from other forums who would do nothing but start trouble.....:)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
That's true Mckenzie, never looked at it from that perspective, i just felt it would allow the stories we have now to be better organized, but i'd hate for it to become a breeding grounds for bickerin etc, perhaps it's best left as is, :)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I agree from the organizing things point of view. It would answer those questions that people ask, like the one going on right now in the G2 forum. I dont see a problem with it as long as it does not turn into a ***** fest, as I would hate for our forums to turn out like the other honda ones which are full of that crap..:)

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
What else I have seen on some more popular forums was local Police would browse the Meetings forums so they know where people would be doing meets. My dad is part of the bimmer.org forum and they had a meet where they cruised along the Hudson... apparently the cops knew about it and were patrolling the roads they were on extemely heavily...

So if people go around on a kill story forum saying stuff like "On Rt X in State I raced a XXX to 140mph and beat him!" I am sure someone will be keeping an eye out...

But I could be wrong ;)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
that's also true Nick, good lookin out, we definitely don't need anything that could make our chances of gettin ticketed greater :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts