Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any adverse affects if I took out my cat and reamed out the substrate, then replaced it? Wyoming doesn't have emission control so I wouldn't have to worry about that, and I'm not moving any time soon.

·
Registered
851 Posts
More power??? hhehehee....... high end mostly. But if you don't have emission at all, just replace it with a straight pipe. You will love it, just be careful, that you might experienced increased exhaust noise.

·
Registered
397 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Is there something wrong with backfiring though? :D It looks cool (fast and the furious come to mind ;))
Not in Wyoming!
I hear EVERYBODY's walkin around strapped :D . Makes sense though, if you got a strap and I gotta strap... it's all good!
Point is, I don't think anybody would jump if they heard it :cool: .

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
It's illegal to remove any emissions control device even if your state does not test for emissions. I have a downpipe with no cat's on my supra which freed up a lot of HP on that car, but of course I only run that at the track *cough* :p
If you do remove you cat you would be better off replacing it with a stright pipe, because if you just hollow it out the chamber will add a lot of turblance to your exhaust flow and you may actually loose HP.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the advice! It's funny there have been some that have walked around strapped! It is legal to walk around with an exposed gun! Hey, it's a beautiful place! I'm right next to the Rockies. Good fishing, rock climbing, mtn biking, snow boarding. Plus we have a championship golf course a few miles away. Lot of ******* cowboys and a few ricers, but other than that it's not to bad.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I"m running no cats (3 of them on the Type II) and loving it! I had them build a straight pipe that has a removable section where the cat goes so when it's time for emission test every two years, I slap the cat back in!

And who would ever suspect a Legend ever not to have any cats :rolleyes:

G

·
Registered
132 Posts
OK so too much backfiring may blow up the muffler over time, but why would a hollow cat ( or a straight pipe) cause backfiring at high rpms:confused: I figure more flow gives a leaner mixture and so less chance of unburnt fuel, no?

G

·
How much would it cost to have the pipe made, where would I want to go, and how much horsepower do you guys think that it would add? Thanks you guys, this sounds like something that could be fun, and I don't think that it would be to big of a deal to change it every couple years for the emissions tests. How much louder does it make it though?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts