Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was playing with my rebel xt and left the shutter open for 30 secs. mind you, it was pitch black outside besides the cars driving by and the lights behind my car next to this lake. I'm gonna go out for an actual photoshoot soon i hope. i'll post em up when i get more!

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Shaar said:
yes. a tripod is a DEFINATE must for photography. I am definately going to do a big shoot with just creative and diff pictures such as that one.
Nice picture, but I would crop it, what did you have the ISO set on? You need to follow the rule of thirds that will dramatically improve your picture. You may also have over exposed it hence the sky being bright if it was dark outside.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nasriaz said:
Nice picture, but I would crop it, what did you have the ISO set on? You need to follow the rule of thirds that will dramatically improve your picture. You may also have over exposed it hence the sky being bright if it was dark outside.
i set my iso at 100. i tried several other expusure settings and they all looked like crap due to lack of lighting period. the 30 second one came out the best. and yes i know about the rule of thirds, but i was trying to center the car with that freight dock behind it. i tried lining it up several ways using the rule of thirds but it didn't look right at all.. thats a good excuse for me to go out again sometime today and get some shots in some different areas. maybe i can apply my photography knowledge if a find a good location. :)

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Shaar said:
i set my iso at 100. i tried several other expusure settings and they all looked like crap due to lack of lighting period. the 30 second one came out the best. and yes i know about the rule of thirds, but i was trying to center the car with that freight dock behind it. i tried lining it up several ways using the rule of thirds but it didn't look right at all.. thats a good excuse for me to go out again sometime today and get some shots in some different areas. maybe i can apply my photography knowledge if a find a good location. :)
Don't get me wrong it was an excellent picture and I hope I didn't offend you with the rule of thirds thing it's just very hard to identify what your subject matter is in the pic. Non Legend guys may think it's the object behind or the horizon, that's all. I know we will share pics back and forth so please when I start putting up some pictures after I have taken after all my photography lessons, please CC them.

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh no no i didn't take offense to it by any means. but i was just noting that i thought of it while i was taking the pic and couldn't get it to look right for some odd reason. plus it was really dark and i could really see the area very well.

i will def look over your pics when you get them up :)

· Factory Freak!
1,651 Posts
Shaar, I know your car is 289,278,958,663,938 times more gorgeous than mine but.....maybe we could take some together at Spfd lake again or wherever you'd like but preferably at night...? That camera is top of the line, I could'nt believe how clear that random snap of the carpet you showed me :eek2: ...PM me sometime and we'll take some photos and maybe I'll have a new sig. pic. :2cool: :2cool:

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
92drls said:
Shaar, I know your car is 289,278,958,663,938 times more gorgeous than mine but.....maybe we could take some together at Spfd lake again or wherever you'd like but preferably at night...? That camera is top of the line, I could'nt believe how clear that random snap of the carpet you showed me :eek2: ...PM me sometime and we'll take some photos and maybe I'll have a new sig. pic. :2cool: :2cool:
that pic of the carpet was with the crappier camera than what i have now. now i have the 8.0MP Canon Digital Rebel XT DSLR. its 1000x better than the sample pics i showed you. we can get together today and find some places to shoot at if you want.... just give me a call or something.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.