Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it sounds like someone is in my trunk tapping on something above the wheel. or strapped to the bottom of my car tapping on something in the wheel area..

sound only occurs when i'm braking at a red light for example.. i put the brakes on, no sound, then when the car is just about to come to a full stop, its like.. tap tap tap tap....

my lexus did this but never fixed it.. but i want to know what it is so i can fix my legend

· Registered
111 Posts
This may seem stupid, but you haven't got anything in the wheel well in your boot? :confused: I had this problem not long ago, had all sorts of of weird noises coming from the back got so parniod I took it in a suspension place they found nothing wrong, just a cresent ruttling around in the boot :giggle:

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
LegendYeh said:
This may seem stupid, but you haven't got anything in the wheel well in your boot? :confused: I had this problem not long ago, had all sorts of of weird noises coming from the back got so parniod I took it in a suspension place they found nothing wrong, just a cresent ruttling around in the boot :giggle:
i'm pretty positive its not something in the boot but its worth a check. :p

i want to say it sounds like a loose caliper or something?

· Looking for Blk/Bk GS6MT
1,354 Posts
Shaar said:
i'm pretty pusitive its not something in the boot but its worth a check. :p

i want to say it sounds like a loose caliper or something?
Haha, yea he is from New Zealand. Chances are he meant the trunk.

· Registered
19 Posts
My Legend was having the same symptoms. Same location (rear passenger side) and everything. I could only hear it at night, and when I had the radio off. It wasn't really that loud, and it seemed to go away when I was braking or turning. Or maybe turning made it louder, I can't remember. I haven't driven my car in a couple months, having flown out to college this semester (didn't want to take the Legend for a 2.5k mile road trip without new brakes).

Anyone figure out what the problem was?

~Ninjai

· Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i listened more in depth. it makes like a SINGLE click/knock sound when i tap the gas when i'm rolling to where the car kinda 'jumps' and also when i am slowing down theres a couple knocks.. not really in a pattern either... its like knock......knock knock.. knock... you get the idea.

also it sounds like its also coming from the front too as i listened with total silence.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.