Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got them installed on my coupe last week. Strangely my driver's side rear wheel seem to be lower than the other rear wheel. Anybody have any idea why? Please post some pics with koni/eibach or h&r installed. The difference is not too much. But it's enough for me to notice.. maybe .5cm difference. Is it possible to put springs on backwards, etc?? thanx

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Unfortunately, that's normal. The driver's side actually sits lower than the passenger side. I believe that it's a weight distribution issue.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I had the eibachs and they were the same thing. The h&r's sit almost 1 inch lower than the eibachs on the koni's low perch and looks totally even. I ended up heating my eibach's to make them look more level. The front was much higher than the back too.

Good Luck

G

·
I don't think that it is actually that the front is higher than the rear. It's just that the fender in the rear is smaller than the one in the front.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
if it is a pretty big gap then u might have put the spring upside down. My right rear is a little higher than the rear left ao i think its just like that

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it's true that the rear fender is smaller. If I look at my car, not concentrating on the rear wheel, my car looks normal. But the more I concentrate on the rear wheel, the more it seems that the rear is lower. I think it's a psychological thing. But driverside seems to be lower just a tiny bit. Of course I notice it because it's my car, but my buddies don't seem to notice anything too much out of the ordinary. =)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got the eibach's but not the koni's...yet. It takes about a month or so before the springs sit where they're gonna stay. I too have the higher in the front thing going on, but that's why I want the koni adjustables. BTW (Nick - Nice Ride) Always wanted to know how the rosewood would look with the Cali style tint :cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks pYmpdaddi!!!

The car is 5% in back and 50% in front. :)

I have pics of my ride after its lowered, i just need to throw them on my server! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah i noticed at the gas station that mine do that too.

I wonder why. Maybe because the gas tank is near the drivers side rear wheel

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
legendtype2 said:
I think it's true that the rear fender is smaller. If I look at my car, not concentrating on the rear wheel, my car looks normal. But the more I concentrate on the rear wheel, the more it seems that the rear is lower. I think it's a psychological thing. But driverside seems to be lower just a tiny bit. Of course I notice it because it's my car, but my buddies don't seem to notice anything too much out of the ordinary. =)
Actaully, the fender gap relationship to the actual ride height is pretty equal. Using a tape measure, I mesured my front and rear ride height from the ground to the fender lip. When I had my R-Spec springs, I had visably a no finger gap up front,and about a 1 finger gap in the rear. When measuring, I had about a 24" to 24 1/4" ride height up front, while the rear had a 24 1/2" to 25" ride height.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts