1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted by
AzLSCoupe
on 2002-01-25 14:09:23

I called Rob at Torn Active to place an order for the Koni shocks for the GB price of 430.00. He told me has had only one person order and now he is selling them at the regular470.00. 430.00 is just about a good a price you can get for the Konis. I overheard that Koni might discontinue these shocks and we all know that these are the only after-market struts for G2 legends in the market.
here is his e-mail : [email protected]
Phone Number : (909)946-2409

They have a website www.tornactive.com
http://www.tornactive.com
I saw this on the other Legend Forums, and I'm going to try to get in on this one. I'm pretty sure that I need new shocks anyways so this is good timing for me.

·
Stiff Member
94 Posts
thanks for spreading the word

thanks for spreading the word SpeedDemon. Rob told me if I could get at least two more people then he would sell them to us at the 430.00 price. We need one more person
So whoever wants to particpate please post your e-mail below and or e-mali, call Rob at TornActicve.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you counting me? Because I still haven't heard anything back from Rob?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got an email from Rob, and he told me that the GB was a flop. Is there no way for us to find some more people to get in on it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
When we organized the GB about 2 months ago, we had like 17+ people who said they were in. I called Rob and made sure that he had enough stock to accomodate us and apparently only 1 of the 17 who said they were in for sure came through even after numerous emails! :mad: It's a disappointment that the GB was a flop. Your loss... Good luck convincing Rob to give the Koni's at the GB price again or finding a place that will do it for that low...

Shame, Shame people....

I'm just waiting to see how fast the eyelid GB takes to fall through.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I talked to Rob and he said that if we can get 5 more people to do it then he would do it again. I guess that we don't have very many people, but he is trying to help us. $430 is as low of a price as you are going to find anywhere. Come on you guys, if you have even been thinking of buy high-end super nice shocks, this is the time to do it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Shad_93LSCoupe said:
How much will a mechanic charge to install? Or can I do them myself?
Unless you have access to some power tools and a quality spring compressor, this is not a DIY. Make sure the shop is knows how to adjust and install konis, the perch removal and installation can be tricky.

If your going to change your strut I would recommend you change the springs at the same time.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you say that it can be tricky, what do is it that makes it so tricky. I have access to all the tools and me and some of my friends are going to do it together, but it would be nice to know in advance how to avoid any irritating complications. Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts

Nice picture of the former, and great World Trade Center Towers.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ouch, I could have got them at a local place for you guys for a cheaper price. What happened to the group buy? Did it just fall apart?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts