Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently looking in to buying Koni Shox for my Legend. I have Susp. Techniques which give a 1.3" drop on factory struts. Do the aftermarket shox give a substantial ride quality/performance difference vs. my current setup? Also, what exactly does perch mean in regards to the Koni's? Does this refer to adjustability??
Thanx.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
The perch is the mount which the spring sits on. Yes, the Koni shocks allow you to adjust the height at which the perch sits. IN the front shock, there are two positions. The top is an OEM height, while the lower position is .75" lower. The rear shock has three positions. The middle is OEM, while the upper and lower pisitions vary up or down by .75".
If the Koni damper is set to the softest setting, it will ride like stock. If it is set for full firm, it is somehat stiffer. Anything in between will vary accordingly.

G

·
Does the heigth that you set the Koni's too affect the stiffness of the ride. Cause I want to slightly lower my car with the Koni's and also stiffen for the best handling? Is this going to give me the best performance? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
How do you adjust? I got konis today and looked at it but couldn't figure out how to adjust. Do you need to take everything apart evertime you want to adjust? Does it require a tool?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I have my konis set on the lowest perch on both the rear and the front and it does ride alittle stiff. As far as having it set for a stiff ride, I noticed that my car does handle better and on corners the car handles much better than OEM.

·
Registered
139 Posts
To adjust the Konis you have to compress the shock all the way and then turn the shaft inside the housing. You will feel a little resistance to the turn and if you let the shaft up a little you can feel it slip out of the notch. I forget which direction to turn it to make it stiffer or softer, but it should be stamped on the shock body. I found the easiest way to do it is to clamp the top of the shaft in a vice and then push on the bottom and turn it, it's a lot easier becuase you have a big surface to push on instead of the little top of the shaft. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts