Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
4,655 Posts
Confusion...

For the Legend I think Koni makes:

Koni Red = NOT Externally Adjustable, 5 half-clicks for Stiffness Setting, 3 Perches

Koni Special Kit = NOT Externally Adjustable, 5-half flicks for Stiffness Setting, 3 Perches, the only addition is Koni Springs come in the Kit and they're a different color.

DO NOT confuse them with the KONI YELLOWS that go in let's say an Integra that are Externally adjustable.

· NY Member
3,477 Posts
Guys,

FYI, the seller was very rude and immature through e-mail. I tried to set-up a transaction and at the last minute, when he realized I'd be picking them up, he stated that the kit was "new" but without box and all the struts were dirty and beat-up. Sounds used to me. And, he also refused to transfer the warranty to the new owner (which Koni will do for free).

Not a very pleasant experience with this seller. I've had numerous (20+) transactions on this forum and all were positive until this one.

If I were you, I'd definetly adhere to "Buyer Beware." Just my .02 cents.

-Eric

Edit: From what I've read this kit is very good (see Acc-unit's pics/comments). I'd just rather get a new set rather than a used one w/o warranty. Buy the best and cry once....that sounds familiar.

· Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Listen Eric,
Dont write negative posts about me when in actuallity it was you who overreacted because I wasnt interested in selling to you. You requested information and i gave it to you. I wasnt going to beg you to buy my shocks and you are just mad because you tried to lowball me. So my advice to you is to seriously rethink your attitude because a lot of people can easily see through you. Have a very nice day.

· NY Member
3,477 Posts
My e-mails:

1. Yeah, I want them as long as they are brand new. Can you meet me in NY? Do you ever drive into NY? If so, where in NY? If not, where are you located and how far from NYC are you (driving time)? Thanks,
Eric

2. Scratches and dirty? How'd that happen if they were never installed?
I think I'll pass on the scratched/dirty set unless you can transfer the Lifetime Warranty that comes on this set. It's fully transferable. Al you have to do is contact the place that you purchased them from and transfer it to me. Otherwise, I don't want the set.
Let me know.
-Eric

3. Wow-you're a terrible seller. Very immature. I shoulda known from ur name. Good luck selling ur dirty struts.

4. All I can say is wow. Your ignorance is the reason why most educated adults look down on all civic drivers.
Take care.
-Eric

HIS e-mails:

1. im right off the george washington bridge. Thats the farthest i can go cus i sold my legend and will need a right over there. the shocks and springs are new but they have scratches and are dirty

2. What do you want me to do beg you to buy em. you were getting a deal moron. If your too cheap then i cant help you... have fun being a cheap ass. by the way nice screen name loser...siena you must be a cross dresser. Oh yea and theyre sold!!! hahaha

Make your own informed decisions. Best of luck to whoever tries to purchase this set.

-Eric

· Registered
160 Posts
Normally, I would never post potentially negative comments on a guys for sale ad, but since it's elevated to what is had... I'll throw my experience with the buyer in as well.

I also tried to purchase this and have the seller ship them to me but I bailed because he had an unverified paypal account with no address on file and made the comment, "I'll ship when I receive payment to my account and cash it". For whatever reason, that didn't give me the warm fuzzies.

Responses via e-mail and over the phone weren't rude though. If I was purchasing, I would definitely want to do a face to face...

I believe the seller has the product and it's in the condition as he describes, I just think you are going to have to go to his house to get it... from the way it sounds.

He's probably a stand up guy, just not educated on how things work when dealing with folks online.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.