Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get rid of about 2 fingers worth of gap on my coupe. I don't want to do the full drop because I am concerned my tires would rub and I drive on some nasty roads. My 18's already rubbed in the back until I had the fenders rolled. Would just the Koni's on the lowest perch drop the car?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
It will drop it about .75" I am using my OEM springs on the lower perch of my Konis as we speak. In my case, my drop is actually closer to a full 1" or so. Almost like the Eibachs.

G

·
Yeah, that is a very good option, and from the sounds of it, lots of people who are looking for better performance have gone that route.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Hey Chris K

Chris K,

So, let me get this right. You are running OEM springs w/ the koni shocks, right. It that recommended. And how is the ride. I've considered that. And it lowers you approx. .75 to an inch or so.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Yes, that is what I am running now. As for recomended, that is subjective. There is nothing wrong with it, and it will do no ill effect, but some people may think it is a waste of money since using the OEM springs still results in the exact same body roll and softness as if it where not lowered via the Koni perches. The positive thing is it rides 100% like stock as for ride qaulity with the benefit of the lowered looks. If you are looking for a firmer ride, or even better handling, get the lowering springs. But if the stock suspension was good for you, and you just want a lower look, this is about the best route you caan go aside from a slightly stiffer Eibach set up.

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
thanks Chris. I've always been curious about that, but never had the nerve to ask about OEM shocks w/ Koni's or adjustable shocks. I'm one of those guys who can give a $h!t about performance, but loves the low pro appeareance. I've had my G2 LS Coupe for 18 months and have only gotten it up past 75mph 3 or 4 times. I cruuuuuuuuuuuuuise !!

·
Banned
2,261 Posts
Chris K, what perch do you recommend. I'm currently running 225/45 18's with a +45 offset. I'll be getting the shoxs this summer. The car sits nice with a 2 finger gap at least. A tad lower wouldn't hurt. And do you recommend I get the car re-alligned after installing the koni's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts